Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Lake, NV

We made it out to Pyramid on Wednesday.
    Lot's of guys on step ladders just as advertised!
    After freezing my butt off I'll be bringing a ladder next time!
    Cold water and WINDY. Add the occassional snow flury and you get the idea.
    We got into a few...I've got a pic or two to put up once I figure out
    how.
    There were guys having 12-20 fish days around us at the "nets".
    We tried up the SW side but doubled back to nets to avoid getting skunked.
    I got a couple to hand using a black bugger. My partner scored on an olive bugger. The guy next to me with the spin gear and big ball-o-lead was having a big day, ( watched him land 15 or so!) with a black bugger too. Most of the fish we caught or saw were in the 20 +/- 4 inch range.
    There was a guy with a fish finder mounted on his ladder! Too funny!!

Default WHAT????

A fish finder on a ladder I've heard everything, now

Glad you got into a few. It's actually a lot of fun to go up there and tough it out in the weather.... Welcome to the club.

What'd you think of the platforms with the chairs on top Lotsa guys buy 'em from Crosby's Lodge. They look a little like a power towers to me .
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Lahanton Cut landed at "Nets"

Darian;
    The chair platforms are just too funny! But I'm a believer in getting up and out of that water now!

Default Seasons Last hurrah!!!!.....

Spent the last two days at Pyramid Lake in NV . Encountered heavy winds, rain, hail, snow on the way over . Made it to the lake on Monday where the weather was partly cloudy with a west wind at about 25-30 knots, steady . Water was flat, tho. Water temp probably in the low 50's. Bumps were many, hook-ups scarce . Couple of gear guys fishing jigs didn't get bit.... Since the wind was at my back, I could lob a cast almost across the lake . However, the fish were almost at my feet . Fishing was spotty for those using an indicator and small flies (Chartruese Copper John) at the north nets . Didn't notice anyone fishing elsewhere. lotsa people camping..... Guess my partner and I were the only ones foolish enough to stay out in that weather .

On Tuesday (AM), wind was gusty at 10-15 knots from the north west.... Overcast sky (weird, lenticular clouds). Lotsa swells and surf running on the beach... . Tough casting a floating line with indicator. Gear guys rule today... . Some guy with a jig is catching one every 20 minutes or so... .

My partner got one about 20" on a chartruese/black spoon and several bumps. I got a twin to my partners fish on an olive dragon fly nymph. The fish were beautifully marke and in spawning colors .

If the weather holds, the fishing will continue for about another two weeks. If it warms up, it's just about over for the year .
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hi Darian! Glad to hear you made it out there and impressed that you toughed it out under the circumstances. Sounds like you caught a good fish, good for you!

(hmmm . . . "lenticular clouds". . . sounds scientific, must make mental note to add that to my list (long) of reasons the fish weren't bitin'. )
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.