Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fly Swap!!!

Hi Darian! I've decided to pick the Fox Poopah for this swap. I have read that it is a KILLER pattern. Thanks!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default April Swap Update!!!

Hey guys,... Flies have started to come in . Those received, so far, are very good....

The first batch received, included "Toe Tags" and a computer printed card (approx. 3"X4") that has a description of the parttern and it's intended use.... Great touch

I'm still working on mine.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Sorry about not respondng sooner but I just read the latest posts on this thread. I am pretty busy unpacking here in Chico. I still have to register for the fall semester. My tying desk is not even completed or uncovered by the mound of crap which has blanketed the whole thing. I am unpacking and cleaning up in between shifts at my new job at Best Buy.

I need to tie some panfish poppers for my little bouts of evening bluegill fishing. I'm running out of flies but I do not quite have to the time to take careof everything at once.

I will not be participating in the swap.

Have Fun
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Update!!!

Received some more flies today. The Carpet Caddis; they look great . You guys're gonna like these flies....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Ah, the Carpet Caddis, the one I'm looking forward to the most. . . . Mike's been KILLIN' 'em (figuratively speaking) on anything carpet-related.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

KILLIN" em? I'm quite sure any normal patterns would work just as well, probably better. I just tie all my flys using that material. There is a sample of it with the flys I sent for the April Swap. Someone with an imagination could probably find other ways to use it.

CAUTION! When the 1/2 #ers are rising to the Caddis on the "A". If you throw that Carpet Caddis you may not get it back
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Hey guys, i finally figured out what i am going to tie for the swap. It is a ice dub caddis emerger that has worked for me on the American for steelies and half pounders and trout on the yuba. I think ya'll enjoy!

Jason Hartwick

Default April Fly Swap???

Hi Jason,.... Good to hear from you and noted your choice.... I'll update the list at a later date.

Author unknown

Hi Darian,
    I'll drop off my flies at Kiene's Expo tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Terry

Default April Fly Swap

Thanks Terry,..... I'll be there, myself, until about 1:30 PM . Gotta get back downtown by 2:30 PM.... Hope to see you there and to thank you personally for your participation .

Author unknown