Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fly Swap!!!

Since I'm remote, can someone post or email me the info on where to send these guys?
    Should have the patterns cranked out this weekend if the sun permits (using UV knotsense for epoxy back).
    paulcronin@adelphia.net

Default Mail Address...

Paul,.... Check your e-mail for my mailing address and thanks....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default April Steelhead Swap

Okey guys, Count me in too. I'll be tying a "Coal Car".

I've used this pattern a lot on the Eel and the Feather with great success.
    When do you plan on shutting the number of contributors down so we can know how many to tie?

As this is my first swap, how is the best way to send the flies and where do we send them?
    TONY

Hey Darian, the rivers are high and I'm bored. My April swap flies are done, complete with toe tag and a sample of the yarn I use to tie most of my flies. If we don't get at least dozen swappers I wouldn't mind tieing up another pattern. Wait let me see the flows . . . . . . . . . Yuba 2764.4 cfs, American 9850cfs, yea I'm bored. I even fished the concrete pond in the middle of the development I live in. Didn't get a sniff . Send me a pm of your address when you get a chance. I won't send my flies till the entry deadline in case we get more than 12 swappers. Thanks for being the April Swapmiester.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Hi guys, count me in...

I'm gonna try a pattern I saw online.... the zuddler........... Zonker + Muddler........... Global flyfisher is where I saws it!!

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Default Info/Latest Update!!!

OK guys here's some info and the latest udate of participants:

Mike (msp) - check your PM for my mailing address . Check the number of participants/flies, following, required. It's changed .

Updated list of participants/patterns:

David Lee - Mossback

Paul Cronin - Blue Copper John

Gregg - Olive & Tan Super Pupa (2)

Jason - Choice later

Mike (msp) - Carpet Caddis (dry)

Mike Schobey - Choice later

Adam Grace - Maybe

Terry Thomas - Herniator

Tony Buzolich - Coal Car

Jeff Goding - Zuddler

Looks like we have a total of nine and potential of ten partcipants. Adam hasn't actually committed yet

This Swap has some very interesting patterns in it . Gonna be a lot of fun Remember, the swap closes on April 5th.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Swap Participants....

OK,.... Que the dummy Forgot to include my own name/pattern:

Darian - Silver Hilton (variant)

Sorry guys ,..... North wind ya know

Author unknown

Better than an EAST wind !!! Thanks for hosting this one , who's got May ?? Very nice to have new guys in on this , I was starting to wonder if the Swap-thing would take off . David

Just a thought, but I think a picture of the swap flies and a note with the tyer and recipe would be better and easier for mailing then creating a toe tag. I had my flies in a 3" diameter container until I added the toe tags, then it went to a full size fly box. I would be happy to take a pix of the flys for April and note the tyer and recipes and post it for all board viewers to see. Might generate more involvement in the future swaps and also show off the masterpieces that are being swapped. Let me know what you think.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

That sounds like a good idea to me. What I actually did was a quick one-page sheet of paper with the flies that listed what it was and the materials used. That's good for the initial batch, but then I thought (after the fact) what are all the other people going to do.

Perhaps have a topic titled: "March Fly Swap Results" and we each make a single post with a pic of our fly with the name/materials/instructions posted below it.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast