Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: April Fly Swap!!!

Sorry for the delay. Ended up going out fishing this weekend....it was too nice to sit inside tying despite the high surf.
    Here goes with the image. A legend is below with the who, what pattern, etc.
    Hope this is what you guys were lookin for.
    -Paul

A- Blue Copper John Variant tied by myself.
    B- Carpet Caddis tied by "MSP" Mike Putman
    C- Coal Car tied By Tony Buzolich
    D- Fox Poopah tied by "Hairstacker" Mike Schobey
    E- Herniator tied by Terry Thomas
    F- Ice Dub Caddis Emerger tied by Jason Hartwick
    G- Moss Back tied by David Lee
    H- Silver Hilton Variant tied by Darian Calhoun
    I- Zuddler tied by Jeff Goding

[/url]

Paul, it's perfect, THANKS!!! More importantly, did you catch anything?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

It definitely was better than Friday, although the surf like your guys' high flows makes it rough lately.
    Ended up fishing a local area which is slightly protected by the harbor breakwall. Even with the breakwall, I still allmost got bowled over a couple times by an errant wave.
    Between three of us we picked up somewhere between 20-30 perch and lost a couple big thumpers...probably halibut. Caught a few pregnant females which is late...usually thats the march/april timeframe.
    Seems like everything is shifted off a month or so this year due to the weather. Hopefully, the good weather sticks with us so we can all get out fishing more often.
    -Paul

Default Photo's

Paul,..... Those photo's made the April Swap perfect for me I don't know how you did it but the photo of the Siver Hilton made it look better than it actually was . Thanks for all your efforts on this
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Paul, 20 - 30 surf perch is not bad at all! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. At this point, I'd be happy to catch 20 of anything. I agree about the shifting thing, I've noticed about the same thing up here in the Delta -- seems like summer is a month behind with respect to the water, even though the weather is starting to shape up. As you and others have proven, though, there's always something to catch somewhere, just have to put a little more thought into it.
    -- Mike

Paul very nice job on the swap pictures. I think it could get others involved in the future. Love the Blue Copper John, actually I love them all
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Thanks for the photos Paul. Great looking flies for this swap that i am looking forward to using a bunch this fall.

Jason Hartwick

Thanks for taking the time to show us all the flies from the swap Paul
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I figured I'd post a couple pictures from this past weekend, as hairstacker asked how the fishin was. First is one of the bigger perch. They don't get that big, but can be fun if you find a group of em.
    The second are some babies as one of the perch gave live birth to despite gentle handling. All were released of course, but probably ended up as bait for the halibut... Since most other species grub on these little guys I figured it might give you some ideas for patterns if going coastal in the near future. I assume the red tail perch up north follow the same schedule.
    In spring, red patterns or just general clousers work good on the perch and other species for that matter down here.
    -Paul

[/img]

Paul, GREAT pictures, thanks for sharing them! That is a very nice surf perch, beautiful fish!
    -- Mike