Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading different flies ??

Hmmmmm ... This thread is going in an interesting direction ! Jay Murakoshi said he went to a "swap-meet" a few weeks ago - a bunch of people get together and trade gear/flies/rods , etc. ..

I have a PILE of stuff that I don't need (a SACK of poly dry-fly dubbing in 45 different colors , lines I've never used , extra saddles ...) , I wonder how a swap meet works ?

Darian - I see your point about cutting into Bill's business , but I think swapping flies and things like that won't have too much of an impact on the shop (if you read this , Bill - feel free to correct me and delete this post) . Just a "small-scale" sort of thing .....

I hope the river drops soon , so I can fish and quit thinking about this stuff - David

Default Trades....

David,.... You're on the right track . We can keep it on a small scale.

From what I've seen, swap meets are done by Clubs or groups. Haven't heard/seen any fly fishing swap meets in this area, recently....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Fly Trades, Redux....

Hello everyone,.... Whatever happened on this topic Anybody conducted a trade, yet
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Well, if I get around to tying and trading a deer hair cicada pattern, Thom'll send me one of his specialities.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default Trading

Mike...I'll step up for a trade or two...Now who else besides Darian and myself is tying for the May swap? MSP is a maybe...All it takes is 2 to tangle. I'll understand if it's just 2 of us...afterall, warm weather means dust collects on the tying gear. Monday deadline.

P.S. David, glad to read your thoughts. I know you were working all week and probably went through some fly withdrawals.