Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading different flies ??

Default Trading different flies ??

Hi guys !

Randy asked about trading flies ... I think that would be pretty neat !

There are only a few patterns that I don't tye , but still like to use ..... Whitlock's Deep Sheep Shad is one that I don't tye , but would be willing to trade a dozen of WHATEVER for a dozen D.S.S. in return ....

If anyone wants to do this , we can PM the info (fly lists ...) back and forth and see what happens ... David

Default Trading Flies???

"Trading Different Flies"..... Hmmmmm, sounds interesting. But, what about trading normal flies What is a "different" fly (...You can tell I haven't been fishing much, lately )

Actually, I like the idea From what I've seen of David's flies, we'd be getting the better of the deal.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I have a cure for you not getting out enough - please check your Email .

Let's say .... someone likes (??) to tye #20 PT nymphs , but doesn't like to tye 3/0 Striper flies ... or #10 Humpies - swap a dozen of whatever for a like amount from the other person .
    HEY .... why am I explaining this ?!? You know what I mean !! Check yer Email and say YES - David PS - bring a heavy spinning rod , I'll catch the shiners !!

Darian, I'm still in deep shock that there actually exists a pattern David doesn't tie. (You know he has enough materials to stock 4 fly shops, don't you?) And then I get woozy and dizzy when I dare to contemplate the thought that he might actually fish with a fly he didn't tie himself. I think I need to go lay down.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Truth be told .... I love that Whitlock Deep Sheep Shad , but if I pick-up ALL of the crap to tye a reasonable amount (a few hundred) , I am probably looking at a divorce . I just can't justify spending another $80.00 or so dollars when I have SOOOO much stuff here that comes close to what I need for that fly (but not close enough) . If any of you suckers ... er , tyers out there want to swap some , lemmy know .
    David

David, is it possible the rest of us might have the needed materials? If you can provide a list of what you're missing, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to send you whatever I have. I suspect, though, that if YOU don't have it, it must be really obscure and I probably don't have it either. Heartily willing to try, though. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Woozy???

Mike,..... You sure you haven't been using adhesives in a closed space again :P :P :P :P
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee
    Truth be told .... I love that Whitlock Deep Sheep Shad , but if I pick-up ALL of the crap to tye a reasonable amount (a few hundred) , I am probably looking at a divorce . I just can't justify spending another $80.00 or so dollars when I have SOOOO much stuff here that comes close to what I need for that fly (but not close enough) . If any of you suckers ... er , tyers out there want to swap some , lemmy know .
    David
    -----yes that is what I was getting at. Do we really ALL have to go buy two life times of # 20 hackle? (no offense bill). Also some people are just better at certian flys. I can barely see a #22 anymore (I know that makes you want to trade with me). not sure if by mail or we all stock our boxes with our own deadly dozen that we're good at and meet up for a wom pom & trinket trade? I'll see your 2 buggers and raise you a zonker.

Default Trading Flies

Hey guys,..... Suddenly had a sobering thought . Even tho I like the idea of trading flies, we should keep in mind that this activity will compete with one of the items that Bill supplies thru his store (sales of flies ) .

We probably should try to keep the amount down to a reasonable level..... Or, do it informally.

Author unknown

[quote="randy"]
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lee
    I'll see your 2 buggers and raise you a zonker.
    I see your zonker and raise you a zoo cougar!

Funny line!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member