Thread: Klamath River regs

Default Klamath River regs

I have checked the fishing regs for klamath but they are not listed in the sport fishing regs. It says they are reported in a suplement. I searched and searched online and could not find it. I went to my local fly shop and they didn't have it and they also didn't know the regs. Does anyone have this info?
    I am asking because I will be heading north end of next week, probably 30th - 2nd. Was going to look at the smith, eel, and klamath. As far as I can tell the smith and south fork eel are closed after the 31st? Is this correct? What about the Klamath? I wish the regs were more straight forward ...

Thanks for any help

Brian

Default Klamath Regs

Brian,.... The way it's worked in the past is that past years regs were in affect until new regs were published.... That includes Supplements. Usually, new and changed regs are adopted by the Fish & Game Comm during February/March of each year. If that's still the way it works, you could use last years regs.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

This might be what your looking for...

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/2004/7_50b91_1fregs.pdf

these are the regs adopted May 4, 2004. I think they are the most recent

BSD, there is no closed section of the Klamath from Happy Camp down river. Above HC may be another story. The Trinity has some areas that close until trout season, so make sure that you are aware of them. The local game warden (Del Norte County) is very upset with fly fishers, failure to pinch barbs is his complait. So fore warned is fore armed. Bruce
    Fishing is always good, the catching may not be.

Thanks Bruce.

Bruce is a veteran fly fishing guide on the Klamath River. He guides the summer and fall from Klamath Glen upstream with a jet boat. Try to get a friend or two togehter and get a trip scheduled with Bruce in September on the lower Klamath River if you want to see some of the finest fly fishing for steelhead in California.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Thanks

Thank you to everyone that responded. I found what I was looking for on the link posted by nightgoat. The other information was good too. Looks like the Klamath is open year round even above HC. Thanks again.

Default Klamath Steelhead

I just fished the Klamath five times during the last few weeks. Most recently on sunday just as the last storm blasted through. The river usually clears in 72 hours after a storm, and has a good steelhead run through march if you're willing to hunt for them. On sunday I caught 12 fish, 2 adults (all fresh), all caught on nymphs with an indicator.
    PS., the Fish and Game Dept. has the supplement for the Klamath-Trinity system at their offices
    I live on the Trinity River and flyfish, catch and release, almost everyday if I can.