Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Printer for Digital Pictures?

Sam's Club has a machine that does the prints for either .19 or .29 each. Can't vouch for the quality, but at that price, sounds like it's worth a try...no investment needed.

Sam's Club has a machine that does the prints for either .19 or .29 each. Can't vouch for the quality, but at that price, sounds like it's worth a try...no investment needed.

I have used Sam's Club on Watt ave for quite a few prints. They tend to be decent for the price 14 Cents for a 4 X 6. They print these in one hour. They print up to 8 X 10 in the store, and are able to do up to large poster sized via their webpage.

I was imressed with the 16 X 20 I had printed via the web (cost about $15 each), and framed them myself. The colors were correct. Just make sure you shoot with a higher resolution if you are doing larger prints.

I have been using an HP 7550. You can just plug the card into it and it has a viewing screen so you can veiw the pic before printing it. There are two card ports and it takes a variety of cards.

For 4x6" prints only the Epson Picturemate is a great photo printer.

The picturemate is only for printing 4x6 pictures. The quality is great and you can purchase photo paper and ink in one easy package. One of my roomates and fellow Best Buy employees owns that printer and it produces great looking pictures.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

SullyTM Guest

...and to think I used to develop my black & white film in my bathroom when I lived in Berkeley! Times have changed! All the digital talk is making it easier for me to shop for a camera. Thanks.

Default CostcoOnline

Costco Online!
    http://www.costco.com/photocenter/ph....aspx?cat=2781

Even though I work for an outfit that produces great quality printers, I have to say nothing is easier than uploading your pics on costco online and paying for them when you pick them up. They are usually done before you get there at 14 cents a pic. There's no way to print at home for anything close to 14 cents.

Even though the stores have increased their machines from 1 to 3, doing it from home reduced the risk of getting in line behind a bunch of people that are sorting through their pictures for the first time one by one.

One other thing. the paper quality is much better at Costco. It seems to be twice as thick as the Sam's club paper. I keep a membership at Costco just for the printing.

I have a Hewlett Packard Photosmart 7660 and I love it. It just does it all. I would agree that you need to buy good paper for photos.
    Alastair Ingram
    www.saxlessons.com

You can also order the prints online through various places if you want to wait. I saw comparison between home and online printing (unfortunately I don't remember where it was, but I do remember it was from a reputable source like one of the top computer or photo magazines). The investigators found that most of the online places had better quality photos for cheaper than you could print them on your home printer because they have very high quality, fast printers.

Ofoto.com (now kodakgallery.com) was best, but the others were right up there, too. There are a lot of these places Yahoo photos, Snapfish, etc. The only drawback is that you have to wait for them to mail them to you. For small quantities they are $0.19-0.25 per print. Some have a special price for first time orders, too.