Thread: Nevada County Bass

Default Nevada County Bass

I recall reading in a magazine (California Fly Fisher?) about a small bass/panfish lake or pond in Nevada County near Nevada City. It was a lake I had never heard of and it sounded interesting. It wasn't one of the big ones like Rollins/Collins/Bullards. After much searching I can't find the name of the lake/pond. Any info would be appreciated.

Default Lake/Pond in Nevada County

You might need to be a little more specific. There're a number of lakes and/or ponds in Nevada County or in close proximity. Englebright, Bullards Bar, Merle Collins (Oregon House), Little Grass Valley Rsvrs, etc. There're many more small ponds in that area. Given the type of fishing do you want to do, it sounds like you might be interested in Collins or Bullards Bar Rsvrs.....

Thanks Darian, I am familiar with the lakes you mention and have fished most of them. What I recall reading was about pond that was accessible only by dirt road and I think it was off of Hwy. 20 near Nevada City. If you know of any other ponds in the area let me know

Could it be Rucker Lake you're searching for?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Nevada County Ponds

nathg,.... I've kinda looked thru my back issues of Cal Fly Fisher and didn't see anything about ponds up there (....Probably jumped right over it ) There're two fly shops up that way that might know what you're looking for. The first is Nevada City Anglers in Nevada City and the second is located in Auburn off of I-80..... Seems like the name is Sierra Anglers or Sierra Fly Shop. (Wow, my memory is really gone )

Give 'em a call.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown