Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: April Fly Swap - Question

Hey Gregg, you can't go wrong with a Pupa pattern. I guarantee they will be used around here! I probably caught 200 shad last year using Fox Pupas and Fox Pupa emergers. Very good choice!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default Two Colors, Super Pupa????

Hi Gregg,.... As I understand it, you're committing to tying two patterns. The Olive and Tan Super Pupa. is that correct Have you considered how many flies that will translate into if there're 12 participants That's 26 flies.......

I'm going to put you down for the flies but..... You might want to consider tying just one color..... Anyway, you can leave it as is or change your commitment if you'd like to....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Keep me down for two, that was the plan. I figure if I do that many, I'll be a pro by the time I'm finished. Either that or I'll give out a bunch of hooks and beads (after you all cut everything off).
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Default So Far.....

OK Gregg,.... you're down for both, olive/tan, patterns....

So far, There're four confirmed participants in the April Swap:

I'm in but haven't made a choice of patterns, yet.

David has chosen to tie the Mossback.

Paul C has chosen the Blue Copper John.

Gregg will be tying the Olive Super Pupa and the Tan Super Pupa (two patterns).

Any other takers
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

bit off topic, but related--what about a post where you could list patterns you liked that you felt you where fairly good or efficient at that you would be willing to trade ? Muddlers for stimulaters, decievers for hair poppers, birds nest for buggers etc. Sorry if this has allready been brought up.