Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: March Flyswap Update!!

Default March Flyswap Update!!

Hi everyone.

Well, it's time to close the swap I guess. We have 6 people

So, let's tie 7 flies apiece.

David - B.S. Craw (and that's Bug-Skin!)

Jeff - anyone have objections to a baby craw??

Darian - Nearnuff Sculpin

Gregg M - I believe a zoo cougar

Mike S - will refresh my memory hopefully

Patrick - see Mike S

Any late comers may join if everyone agrees.... but lets get these babies done. I will PM my address when you're ready.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

BOMBS AWAY !!!!

B.B.Q. at my place after bugs are finished ???? Only Beer and Yhatzee this time . David

Default Sculpin

Hi Jeff,..... I'm almost done already The pattern is a "Near Nuff" Sculpin. Got one left to do for the swap.

Hi Darian,

I thought you were doing a Whitlock pattern... was thinking nearnuff craw but completely forgot about the sculpin. I will update it.

Hi David. I didn't include Thom as he did PM me. So I guess 7 flies will be the final count... so Darian, You might be done!!

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Hey , Darian .... You mean to tell me you're tyin' a Whit near-nuff Sculpin ?? Isn't that like a Olive bugger w/ a hen tail and lead eyes ?? --- GOTCHA !!

David :P :P :P :P

When are these scheduled to be done by? I know we have some flexibility, but just want to get an idea of when you want to wrap this one up. End of the month? Yes, I am doing the Zoo Cougar, I bought all the stuff I needed last weekend. Turns out I had most of it already, that was refreshing!

-Gregg
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Hi Jeff! I will be tying a marabou sculpin. Assume the due date is still April 5th. This will be a fun bunch of flies to see! I finally had a chance to look at the last swap flies -- David wasn't kidding, ALL of those flies are GREAT!! There was one fly in particular, I think it was the one you tied, that I thought was just AMAZING. It looked like a caddis larva and the head was tied with some kind of wide thread that had the green, irridescent look of peacock herl. If you looked very closely, you could see little hairs sticking out of the abdomen. Did you tie that one?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Near Nuff????

David,..... It's "near nuff" to an Olive Beadhead Wooly Bugger..... Not above copying/using effective patterns.

Jeff,..... The "Near Nuff Sculpin" is a Whitlock pattern.....

Well, I finally got a chance to sit down and start tying these zoo cougars. I got three done, but I'll only count two of them. I wouldn't wish the first one on my worst enemy! I'm loving this idea of tying for a group, for the first two, I was following the step by step guide religiously, but now I just know how to do it. This is great!
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

I hear you Gregg. The last swap was my first one ever and tying for other folks really made me pay attention to what I was doing, as I wanted to do well, you know? I'm convinced these swaps are going to make me a much better tyer.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.