Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugle Lips

Default Bugle Lips

Decided to go out and shoot some photo's of the nearby lakes. Went to Millerton Lake, about 12 miles from my door step. Didn't know it was a state park so now I guess I'll be spending the $125.00 for the annual permit. It'll also be good for SL and the beaches down south

Well anyway, the back coves are loaded with carp. Instead of grabbing the camera, I took the rod to the shoreline and hooked into one on my first cast. A bugle lip around 7lbs, fought like a 20lber. That one fish spooked the rest, so it was a while before I hooked into another one.
    After that, I went up to get the camera's to try and hook another one.
    Had the hook up, and tried taking pictures and fighting a fish at the same time just doesn't work. I need to get a digital movie camera, ahhh a new toy on the horizon. I got the fish within camera range and went to take a couple photo's. Now you have to picture this......with rod under the arm pit and trying to keep one camera away from the rod while and trying to get some photo's with the other camera. The rod was almost ripped out from my armpit and the one camera got twisted around my neck. The fish was gone. But not to fear, I'm going back next week with a guy I met who want's to learn fly fishing for carp.

I took some digital shots of some carp feeding in the weedline and some mudding. Alot of carp are in the shallows, breeding - not spawning.
    Have you ever seen 15 *orny carp after one female in 6" of water. I hope to have it on slide film or some of my digital shots.

More "Goldens" to follow

Jay

O.K. , Jay ... I'll bite - What fly ???? David

A cinnamon/crawdad color wooly bugger type fly, size 2. I also used an olive/black with a hint of chartreuse llama hair worm. I just crept it along the bottom. If I can remember how to attach a photo, I'll post a photo of some breeding carp.

Jay

Wow Jay, I'd like to see pictures of the flies you used too! Sounds like you were having TOO much fun.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

What's the procedure to post a photo.

Jay

Jay,

You need to post the picture to a web server somewhere. You can probably upload it to your web site. Then you use the Img tags that you see right above the window you type your message in and like this:

I will use the () instead of the [ ] brackets so I can show you.

(img)http://www.fliesunlimited.com/images/jay_dorado.jpg(/img)

This will allow you to post a picture. If you need a place to host your picture, let me know and I'll post it for you on a server I have.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

The way I post a picture is I upload it to my album on photobucket.com (free picture hosting site) and then copy and paste EVERYTHING in the "IMG" line (which will be clearly labelled below the picture) into my bulletin board post. Then when I do a preview of my post, the cut and paste shows up as a picture. I'm sure there are other ways as well.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Gregg,

I already have the picture on my site provider under images.
    I will try to get the thing posted shortly

Thanks for your help

Jay

Let's try it again

http://www.fliesunlimited.com/images...n_shallows.jpg

Ok, I can bring up the photo when I cut and paste but trying to figure out how to bring it on to the site

Jay

I quit for tonight. Gotta get some flies tied

Jay