Thread: More Yuba

Default More Yuba

Took the daughter to the "Y" this afternoon. As you can see by the photo it was very cold and windy, blustery one might say Well the fishing wasn't nearly as good as the weather. Managed this one and missed 4 others and a couple of LDR's. This is a secret spot so please don't tell anyone about where it is By the way El Rey all fish were on adult Skwallas. That's all I've been fishing for the last 3 weeks. Hope to meet up with you someday El Rey, seems we have a lot in common. I just saw your post on the other board and thought I would mention the fly.

Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Mike, looks like you had a nice day to me! VERY nice fish!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Mike, WOW a fish picture with your whole body

I thought that you were just a hand.

Nice fish, I hope that I feel well enough to fish the Yuba over the weekend. Gregg kindly gave me his cold while traveling 5 hours back and forth from Oregon this past weekend. I will hopefully beat this stupid cold and catch some more fun, strong, healthy Yuba trout this weekend.

Nice picture
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Cold??? Blustery????

Mike,...... Don't suppose that wading in your shirt sleeves, bare legged in cold water in "blustery" conditions had anything to do with it do ya :P :P :P The daytime temps up there were around 70 degrees.

Actually, your lament about weather conditions brings to mind a safety issue that is the subject of several articles I've read about experiencing hypo-thermia during apparent warm weather. Sorry if this sounds like I'm lecturing All it takes is something that acts as a heat sink (exposure) and a breeze. Your core temperature lowers and you could be in danger in a short period of time.

Like you, I like to wade without waders as often as possible, too. But as I get older, I'm not able to tolerate the combination of cold water/wind as well. Now, I reserve that for summer/fall fun....

Mike, its nice to see you in a picture. Looks like another healthy Yuba river trout gorging itself on skwallas. Good work and keep up the reports.

Jason