Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reject Flies

.. how do I get rid of this post???????
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

..and this post too???????????

Quote Originally Posted by k.hanley
    Say Hey Partner I'm interested in all those rejects you tie! Nahhhhh, keep spreading the good cheer with the future... the kids of our sport.

Does David qualify as one of the kids? He sure has fun like a kid! Yeah maybe he should get a couple just for posting first... gotta love the "me, ME, ME!"

Cheers, K

Mr. Hanley , arrested development is the phrase you're looking for here ..... If I had more than one Jayfly , I'd fish 'em more often !!!
    Stripe is in now .... want to come up and play ??? David

Well I hate to say it but almost all my flys come out as rejects! I can say I'm happy I don't make a living off of them. The great thing about tying your own flies is you're not try to sell them to anyone, just the fish. I will say that there have been a few fish that have liked them, but if they were in a fly shop the bin would still be full. Isn't funny that sometimes you're catching fish after fish on one fly and when you decide it's mutilated you change to an unused one exactly like the one you started with and the fish start ignoring it! It's happened more than once I guarantee! What should we do with the ones that are just hanging around house, never to be put in a fly box again? Well cheapo me uses a razor blade and cut off the old stuff and try again. Way too much time on my hands!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Mike, I was thinking about that very thing today about how you tie on a new one and IT'S OVER, ha. Maybe the secret ingredient is fish spit? Or maybe the fish were keying in on DEAD, mutilated naturals? It is a mystery. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Mike, you have way too much time on your hands to be cutting materials off of your hooks.

I liked the carpet skwalla, not clean but effective. I'm glad to hear that you caught some of those Yuba fish today. I hope Jason and his Dad caught some with Keith today. I hope that he will post about his trip today once he gets back to his parents house.

Good to see you the other day.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Hey Adam, I saw Jason, his Dad and Keith launching just below the bridge while I was fishing my last spot before heading home. Jason said things were slow so far, so I hope they got a few during the last couple of hours. I did show them there were a few still in there!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

I go through my fly boxes and take out anything that is used up or looks bad and give them to my brother Dick.

He still has my old fiberglass fly rods and old fly reels.

He usually outfishes me with all that rejected stuff.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........