Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World record Largemouth on a fly !!!!!

Default World record Largemouth on a fly !!!!!

Hi everyone - check out Dan Blanton's board .... A fella caught a Largemouth Bass on a Whistler that went NEARLY !8 LBS. !!!!!! I guess the fish was released (thank you !) and won't make the books BUT - a once-in-a-lifetime catch none the less .

17+ lbs. is one hell of a nice Bass !! I hope to see the photos soon , keep y'all up to date . David

Default Delta Record?

Those Florida strain bass are growing big in the Delta. Anyone have a good catfish pattern they want to share, hee hee. I wonder how the IFGA views a potential record fish that has recently swallowed another smaller fish, with a tail sticking out the mouth. Is it one fish or two? Anyone know what the rules are in cases like this? I am sure there is some. Anyway that is a Monster Mommy bass to be sure, and I wonder what the " Sac/Sanj Delta Record" LMB is curently. HC

That fish is a MONSTER!!! Definitely another once in a lifetime fish, just like David Lee's striper. And to think they're both still lurking out there. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Hope -

If there's one thing I've learned about fishing , it's BE PREPARED !! You NEVER know when that "fish of a lifetime" is gonna eat your fly . On any given body of water we fish , there are a few surprises out there .... never drop your guard !!

Joe and Mike should be proud of that release - most would have killed that fish for a fleeting bit of history . Guys like that are true Sportsmen David

SullyTM Guest

Default Bass Record

David's posts reminded me of a very funny book by Carl Hiassen, 'DOUBLE WHAMMY'...The focus is around a Bass tournament in Florida. It's a quick read and the character, "Skink" makes you think about why we do what we do...Check it out when the flows are up! Thom

This is a nice change ! Most people compare me to characters from cartoons or nightmares ...... . David

SullyTM Guest

Default Nightmares

David...David...The character "Skink" is an ex-govenor of Florida who walked away from the job because of all the coruption. He travels the backroads and Everglades living off of road kill while maintaining a 1,000 watt smile, protecting the vanishing environment from the panhandle to the Keys...If this is you then maybe there is some truth in fiction?! Thom

Yep, that could be David, except he would be living off of fish rather than road kill. David has a very nice smile but "the 1000 watt smile" reminds me of Adam.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

That depends on whether or not the road-kill is fresh . I am not foolish enough to run for office , done way too many subversive things in this life .

Adam DOES smile a lot .... he's also very clean when the photos are taken . Could it be that he actually SHAVES before a trip ?!?

Perish the thought ...... David