Thread: Folsom lake today -

Default Folsom lake today -

Howdy , fellas !
    I'm headed out tubing @ Horseshoe in about an hour , report to follow (tho I don't expect much with this blue sky after a front ) .

Better than havin' the "cabin Nuttys" ..... David :P

Fished from 12:30 to 5:30 , covered Horseshoe to Rattlesnake Bar and back . Depth covered from 4 feet to 20+feet .

Not a single touch .

I will be fishing inside the American river hatcherey tomorrow to try to save what little grip I have left . Kill me , please . David

Sorry to laugh David, but that grip thing was too funny! IF you can hang on, just remember, spring is just around the corner. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default Skunked

Hi David...What type of float tube do you use? In fact, why not give me(and others) your tube makeover...I've been interested in getting a tube for over a year...Good luck on the American. Thom

Mike - I'm not even depressed about it anymore ..... It's just weird .

Thom - I have 2 Trouttraps I got on Ebay (new , in the box) for next to no money . one is a Pro 350 ( nice , but it has a MAJOR design flaw ) and a Alpine (got it for my wife , but my main tube this winter) . There are a bunch of really good tubes/pontoon boats out there , you won't have any trouble finding one that you like . David

SullyTM Guest

Default Tubing

Thanks David...Hopefully, tubes comes with a "Cold One" holder. Enjoy your fishing. Thom

Two things I forgot to mention ....

#1 - there was a friggin' jet-skier out in a wetsuit !! What some people won't do for fun (like us , freezin' while Steelheading ...) .

#2 - While I was waiting for my wife at the end of Horseshoe Bar road , right at dusk , what comes walking across the road in front of me (maybe 120 feet away) ???? - The BIGGEST BOBCAT I've ever seen !! I thought it was a dog at first .... then , I saw it didn't have a tail and did have tuffed ears ! The Bobcat was maybe 30 lbs. - about the size of my little Border Collie Sasha !
    The Bobcat had "light" markings ....lighter than the only other one I've ever seen (Los Banos Res. in 197 , it stopped when I whistled at it , and stood for a moment watching me . After it took off into the brush , I gathered my gear and walked up the road to the first houses - I didn't think my Fenwick 7 wt. was enough rod to fend off the little bugger if it got curious ....

What a treat !! David