Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MARCH FLY SWAP!! Double Whammy......

Default MARCH FLY SWAP!! Double Whammy......

Hello everyone.... Hope the Feb. Swap is going well. I'm hosting the March swap and some questions have come up already so I'm throwing this out.

Going to be a 2-fly swap, so hope it's not too much trouble. I think we have about 4 people who are thinking about it already and more are always welcome. I think the cut off will be around 13-15 people. If you think this is too high for a 2 pattern swap let me know.

Patterns.... I was thinking a Crawdad/Sculpin swap and it was pointed out that caddis might be a good idea right now so I'm throwing them both together..... submit a Crawdad or Sculpin along with a caddis pattern!! I'm going for a Sculpin/caddis pupa..

Let me know what you think and check out the other updates..

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Are we talking two dozen flies: one of each?
    Terry

Terry, if the last swap is any example, it'll be one fly of each pattern times the number of swappers, plus one of each pattern for a good cause. So, if, heaven forbid, 15 people sign up, we're talking 32 flies.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I think that one pattern at a time is better. I like both ideas of crawdad/scuplin and a caddis pupa pattern. I would like to see only one style/pattern per swap. That way there is less to pressure to tie up a lot of flies at once. I like to tie flies and I tie up a lot of different patterns but 12-15 of one single fly gets a little boring.

I am up for another swap but one patterns suites me better.

Thanks for getting another swap going.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Multi Fly Swap

I'm in agreement with Adam on this..... I would prefer a single pattern and the crawdad/sculpin pattern(s) suit me better as well.....

Adam, I feel the same way but was too wimpy to speak up.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Count me in on this one. I'm relatively new with this, but I'm a quick learner! One pattern would be my first choice too.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

I was trying to be accomodating that's all. I would rather be a one fly man myself.... so we'll go with the 'dad and sculpin swap then.

Thanks for the input guys. Hairstacker..... don't be so intimidated..... LoL!!! J/k btw....

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

I wouldn't know how to tie a sculpin that anyone would like so tying 1 pattern is my preference if possible as I would like to start in on the Fly Swaps also. post up a reply so we can start tying up some patterns. I'll be in Florida searching out snook, redfish, and whatnot the first 2 weeks of march so the sooner I start the better or I'll wait till the next swap. How about a generic sierra swap next? I can say that I can't wait till April to fish the upper Silver Fork. I hooked so many nice fish on my Princes that I started to think that they actually matched something. enough beer induced rambling, SWAP-ON!
    "Fishing with bait is like paying for sex" unknown saltwater flyfisher

Default SWAP ON!!!!

Hi Bryan,..... Liked the ending on your post

See you're a bit apprehensive about tying a sculpin pattern. How about a crawdad On either type pattern, something scruffy is probably usefull. Ever seen a crawdad pattern tied by Kelly Galloup Takes a lot of imagination to see it out of the water Very effective tho.

None of us are experts. Just good enough to catch a fish on occasion...