Thread: Gary Anderson Spey rods

Default Gary Anderson Spey rods

I have been looking online for literature for his Spey rods. I can't seem to find any... Could one of you nice folks out there post a link to his site or liturature on his rods.

Thanks

Jeff Edwards

PS - I'm looking to purchase a lighter Spey rod for eastern rivers. The lower and Upper Delaware. It looks like I'm moving back east for work...

Jeff,
    I don't think that he has a web site but could be wrong. I think Bob Meiser discusses his blanks as Bob has used them some so might go to his web site - I think he has three main rods - all 13'3" a 6; a 7 and an 8wt. They are quite fast but very nice rods - I have his 7 wt and it can do alot from heavy tips to long bellys.

From a post by Bill it sounds like he may have some true light weight ones out - 4-5 wt and hope to check them out if available at the San Rafael show this weekend - will post info on them

Best regards,
    Rick J

Gary Anderson in southern Oregon makes very light #3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 weight Spey rods. He is working on his web site.

We (Kiene's) are the only dealers for them in California.

We have them on display at our shop.

Jeff Putam in Sacramento has demos that you can cast.

Gary is at the San Rafael show this weekend with them.

Gary will have all of them at our annual Fly Fishing Expo here at the shop on April 23, Saturday.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the info guys. I really want to test out the lighter weight rods. I am really interested in the 4 and 5 wt rods. Do you have them in the shop?

Jeff Edwards

Default Light Spey rods

Bill,

What lines are available for #3 or #4 wt Spey rods?

Thanks.
    Brian Endlich

Anderson is using standard steelhead taper lines such as the Rio and Airflo lines - I think he is using an 8 or 9 on the 4 wt. I cast the 4 at San Rafael and it was a blast - I believe the line he had on it was a discontinued AIRFLO with about a 40+ foot head.

We do not currently stock the lighter Anderson rods but that should change shortly.

I will post on this board when we get them in.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Thanks Adam! I'll keep an eye on the boards. I'm interested in the 4- 5 wt rods. I think they would be perfect on the West Branch of the Delaware River.

Hopefully you will have them in so I can demo them before I end up moving...

Jeff Edwards

Default Re: Gary Anderson Spey rods

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Edwards
    I have been looking online for literature for his Spey rods. I can't seem to find any... Could one of you nice folks out there post a link to his site or liturature on his rods.

Thanks

Jeff Edwards

PS - I'm looking to purchase a lighter Spey rod for eastern rivers. The lower and Upper Delaware. It looks like I'm moving back east for work...
    www.andersoncustomrods.com

from the news tonight you better have a heavier rod, you can catch a whale (literally!)

Gary Anderson will have a good display of his Spey rods at our annual fly fishing expo/fair this next Saturday.

Our event will be at the shop, inside and out, from 9am till 5pm. Lots of things to see. Fly tiers, casting demos, local fly clubs, manufacturer's Representatives with new 2005 tackle, casting contest, door prizes, free hotdogs and sodas at noon.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........