Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Multi-day group float / fish-out

Default feather float

gotta work on tue, wed, and thurs, so i'm kind of stuck to weekends and mondays.august is right on top of us now and we need to start planning for this. i can smell the smallies from here, or is that bear grease?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default River camping regs

Since we're on the subject, I'm wondering what laws or guidelines there are about river camping, especially on the other valley rivers south of Sacramento. Are there any restrictions when river camping, especially when travelling through private property - stay within the high water mark, etc?
    Thanks for any info.
    dug.

I'll look into it , or , better yet , I'll have Darian look into it .

Are you keen on the trip , Dug ??

Just about time to set dates and get a list of people interested in going together ....

David

David,
    I'm definately interested... but having trouble planning anything in advance these days. I would be interested to know the details when they are finalized, however. I think it should be part of every fisherman's balanced "diet" (esp. the steelheaders!) to RELAX, pick a hot day, and go wet wading for a bunch of smallmouth - they're a blast. I've done it a few times in CA (never the Feather), but grew up wet wading rivers in the Northeast during the summer months.

As a side note, I did ending up floating a valley river over the weekend with a "nap" thrown in during the "darker" periods of the day. I couldn't find anything out about the legality of river camping, so I'm still interested in learning what the official word is on this if you hear anything.

thanks,
    dug.