Fri/Sat/Sun - leaves Monday for the families
    Sat/Sun/Mon - not using vacation days from work
    Mon/Tues/Wed - avoids weekend nitwits on the river

Also, I suggest making the trip BYOB:
    Bring your own beans...
    Bring your own beer...
    Bring your own boat...
    Bring your own bear grease...

Dan , two trips sounds like a clever idea .

The problem with memorial day/labor day is every nut w/ a boat will be on the water (BESIDES US) . But I'm open to just about ANYTHING !!

For those w/ a small Canoe/Pram , plan things tight . Three days of supplys will eat up a good chunk of your space , I will put up a list soon of manditory items to bring .

Also , in case we can't procure a group supply of Rancid Bear Grease , I'll bring some extra Swisher Sweets ... Handy for Mosquitos , the morning movement , and bartering w/ the natives . There will have to be some scouting for two campsites large enough for all , I'll work on that , too .

David

Oh man, this is sounding like too much fun. If it's multiple days, it means that I won't even need to shower, just wake up, float down the river and catch fish. My kind of trip.

Gregg - bathing is POINTLESS while you're smothered in Rancid Bear Grease (you don't want the Mosquitos to GET YA ...... do you ????) .

You WILL have certain responsibiltys ... Fetching drinks for the "old" guys , doing the dishes , reading bedtime storys for everyone , scraping barnacles off the boats , "bush patrol" (chasin' away big nasty things in the dark) , singing and dancing for the assembeled group , gathering firewood , holding Adam's hand when he's frightend , gutting Catfish , taking photos , picking-up dog dooley , basic stuff that WE ALL did at the age of 25 ..... Thank goodness you and Adam are coming with us , I hate being the youngest one in camp .

I have friends coming in from Australia in May .... so the 1st week of June sounds pretty good for the 1st trip down ... How's that for y'all ???

By the way , Gregg .... I'm just playin' - ya don't have to do all that , you can split all of that stuff w/ the next youngest dude !!
    David (who's been there before ....)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bear grease HUH! Thanks for great responsibility guys.

I just read this series of posts. You guys crack me up. You can use the bear grease as long as I get to keep my beer! :P

The float trip sound like fun. I am game for what ever date you guys choose.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

How about we do it this way... who ever lands the most fish in the 1st hour is exempt from the duties! Due to my overinflated ego and supreme youthful confidence, I am sure that I shall not be picking up any "doggie-doodie", nor shall Adam (and just to add to the challenge, I'll bring my 130lb Great Dane, Orion, who leaves quite the mess...). We shall be consuming beer and sleeping a majority of the time, while the "elders" slowly make their way to the water with their walkers! On a serious note, this really sounds fun!

Thanks for being good sports , fellas ! I'm sure this will be a trip NO ONE forgets !! David (mercyless)Lee

Default feather float

This topics been sitting dormant a long time boys, I think it's about time to re-visit.I've picked up a 14 foot canoe a couple months ago and am ready to use it.Let's start talking some dates. I've got last trip with grandson this weekend, thinking north fork at colfax, putting him on a plane next weekend, but free and clear after that. How 'bout you guys?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Oh yeah.

Bring out the Bear Grease

Let's do it
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Mr. Wahl -

I was planning on Tomales for the first week of August , but I will cancel in favor of the Feather float .

The 3rd , 4th , and 5th (Wensday-Friday) .... anyone keen for some adventure ????

Adam - there goes summer-school :P

David