Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multi-day group float / fish-out

Default Canoe Trip??

Hmmmmm,..... Canoe Trip ,.... down a remote section of a river ,.... several guys out to fish and camp, ..... beer/BBQ ,..... banjo music DELIVERANCE AAaaaaghh

The Feather River drift sound like tons of fun. I will bring my pram.

All of us can combine and form a huge floatilla that fish will fear.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

RIGHT !! Let's set a date - any ideas ?? David

Default Date???

Hello everyone,..... Jeff liked the June timeframe for Stripers. Smallies my be more difficult to catch then (higher water you know) but will potentially be made up for by Shad. Downside, billions of SKEETERS

I think Bill suggested fall when the water is lower but no Shad and maybe Stripers. Downside, no cold beer fewer SKEETERS

I vote for the fall.....

Ain't no way we're gettin' away from the BLOODSUCKERS ....
    I say late June - We can lather-up Adam w/ Rancid Bear Grease and keep his brews(he goes in YOUR boat , not mine .... I have a poochie w/ me ....). That will keep the nasty little buggers away .... Shad will be the breaker , Smallmouth , Shad , Stripers , and maybe Catfish will be better at that time of year .
    Or maybe I'll run the river the week before , leaving caches of Meat , Beer , Dry ice , and sunblock at three points along the way

Don't forget Adam and the Rancid Bear Grease - we ALL have to sacrifice sometimes ...... D.J.L.

Default Cahce's!!!

David, great Idea ..... No ..... wait,... placing three cache's along the Feather..... Hmmm, that probably means that all of the people from DELIVERANCE'll be scouring the bank to hunt up the cache's..... Especially, the beer

Default 200 post for Darian !!!!

Never fear - I come from a LONG line of Rednecks , they won't hurt you too much .
    The trip is going to be FUN !! By the way , you just broke 200 posts - good job ! David

Default Count us interested

I've had a chance to talk to my friend, and he and I are definitely interested in this float, so please call on us for planning help if needed.

I don't want to appear too gung ho, but why not do two floats... one in May/June for Stripers and Shad, and one in July/August for smallies? Just a thought...

As far as dates go, I'm unfamiliar with this section of the Feather: do we need to go during the week to avoid weekend crowds?

Also, knowing the direction of the prevailing wind in August might not only help us deal with the mosquitos, but also tell us where to put lathered-up Adam and his boat in the flotilla.

Keep us posted!

Dan

Ah, where to put lathered-up Adam and his boat in the flotilla -- good thinking!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Hmmmmm....

Speaking of "lathered up Adam,...... anyone planning on including beans during this trip We may need to know that for establishing an order of procession..... :P :P (you know, if you ain't the lead dog, etc. )