Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Fly Swap Update

Hey there , Flyswappers - Jason has sent a box of Birds o' prey ..... They look wonderful and I'll bet they will KILL this spring !! Good job , Jason .

Only two boxes to go (you know who you are ) !!! David

Today in the mail I received Biot Stones from Hairstacker . For a guy that worried so much about how they would turn out , Mike did a GREAT job !! I think they look even better in person than in his photos ....

Only one Swapper needs to turn in some bugs - WILL HE MAKE IT ON TIME ????
    Get to work , Jeff
    David

I'm on it!! Maybe tomorrow if you're lucky I will drop them off. Sorry for being sooooooo late but yet on time.........hahaha but it's planting time and work is busy!!!!

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Thank you David, I appreciate your support, as always! Kind of like drawing straws, wonder which swappers will get one of the better looking ones, ha.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I keep tellin' you guys .... there isn't a BAD one out of ANY that you fellas have sent - I'd be proud to fish any of 'em .

Don't worry , Jeff - I believe in you :P . David

I believe in you too Jeff!!! (David, you are TOO funny, ha!) I must say, this is my first swap ever, and it has been much more fun that I ever anticipated it would be, aside from all the fly tying horrors. I thank all my fellow swappers for the fun part, of course. Never tied a sculpin before either but am REALLY looking forward to the next swap.
    -- Mike

Alright, I got em all done last night. I will be dropping them off at David's after work today and get a preview of what's to come I guess. I hope you guys like them.... Sorry I didn't have time to get any pics of my flies but maybe one day I'll figure out how to use the camera......

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Goog job Jgoding

I can't wait to see all of the swap flies.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

The last of the Swapflies have arrived . Jeff dropped in and hung around for a while this evening (as is the norm when he visits , we sat aroung laughing non-stop about things ....) . Jeff's Caddis larva are a little small for a "big-nymph" swap , but are mucho cool and VERY well done .

I can honestly say that I've never seen better bugs than the ones you guys have sent in . I believe you'll agree when you see them . I know my box will not be fished ..... I will pull it out when I'm alone and reflecting about the things I've seen and the people that I've met . The standard with which you all have tyed is amazing , every bug is a work of art . Lest you all thing that I'm over-stating things a little , rest assured I am not .

Thank you all for your fine efforts , and thank you for the great privilege of allowing me to host this .... The first Kienes B.B. FlySwap .

Regards , David Jerold Lee , March 3rd , 2005

David, I want to thank YOU for making it happen and hosting it for us. I think the legacy will be that you kicked off and hosted THE very first of MANY swaps to come. I just know we're all in for good times and opportunities to learn much from each other about many different patterns. Aside from all the great pattern ideas, there's also nothing quite like having a fly actually in front of you to try to tie, rather than studying some picture in a book. Again, thank you!!!
    -- Mike