Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fly Swap Update

PM - anytime after March 5th , that's when this swap is done . Jeff Goding will pipe-up soon .

Darian , bugs just came in .... Very nice !!!

Mr. Goding , anything to say ???? (Hint , hint....)

David

Hey Guys!! I was thinking of a Sculpin and Crawdad swap but I do realize that some good hatches of caddis etc.. will be coming off soon. I'm doing a caddis pattern now for this swap but it may be a little large for most uses but I'm betting it will knock them half pounders dead on the American.

So I will put this out on the table..... lets do a 2-fly swap.... a crawdad or sculpin pattern + a caddis pattern. I will do a pupa for the caddis and a sculpin. Let's say flies due by April 8th??? Should be plenty of time....

The cutoff date to get in will be March 7th, and I'll try to post a separate thread for the subject later today. We still have time to work this out, but anyone interested let me know and we'll see if we need to make a cut off in numbers or not... but around 13 people works out pretty well but I am willing to take a few more....

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

A little ambitous there , are we Jeff ??

Put me down for my own "Cranky Sculpin" and a Caddis TBA . D.J.L.

Crap ! I'd better get tyin' .....

Yep, ambitious, that's my Middle Name!! I know it might seem like a lot of work, but I think it's possible. But we can hold off for a week or so and see what people think David.... don't get cracking yet.

Jeff

grgoding@yahoo.com

Default Caddis Patterns???

Hi Jeff,.... Was just thinking about the Caddis portion of the swap. Do you want any restrictions Such as, dry, nymph, larva, emerger or size limits Hmmmm,.... I guess if there are restrictions on type, you could end up with about 96 dry, Elk Hair Caddis patterns :P :P Tell me to shut up will ya

(I'm going for a "Near Nuff Sculpin" and an unnamed caddis pattern {olive/grey colored} I've used in the Yuba with success.)

Wow, this things getting out of control. I'm in!
    patrick

Hi PM;Darian,

I would like to cover all stages of the life cycle if we can.... or to try to avoid having all adults or nymphs etc.... I am tying a pattern based off of Steve Thorntons book.... www.virtual-nymph.com you can check it out probably.

Like I said, we have plenty of time to ponder this, but lets get the first swap behind us!!

Jeff

grgoding@yahoo.com

My Beautiful mail carrier just showed up .... in the mail today we have Swapflies from Adam and Gregg .

Adam's March Brown nymphs will take care of not only a March Brown hatch , but Green and Brown Drake nymphs , as well

Gregg's #10 Black rubberleg Stones look like they'll pull the trigger on freestone streams and spring creeks alike - they should MURDER the Hat creek Trout on opener .

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you were lucky enough to get in on this first swap , you are getting the best bugs I've ever seen ! I'll be copying all of them ...... David

Jeez, you guys are making me look bad, am I the last holdout? I have 12 tied but was going to tie a few more Golden Stoneflies this weekend, as I didn't want to include the Stoneworm, Crippled Stone, Anorexic Stone, or Sumo Stone in the batch.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

You are not alone Mike, LOL!! I have ummmm, yeah.....ummmm how many do I need to tie (read..... 6 flies done!) Hey, work has been busy busy busy busy and busier.
    But they will get done soon I'm hoping.

Jeff

grgoding@yahoo.com