Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly Swap Update

Hey y'all. I'll be tying Cal Bird's stone in a #8. Should get them done and in the mail this week.
    pm

Our very own MSP wins the award for being the first guy to get his bugs to me (the prize is , you get to buy the Beer , Mike !! ) . His fly-photo is in the thread dealing with fly reproduction - does it have a name , Mike ?? Great job on them , David

Hi David, I was waiting around for a repairman the other day so I decided to just get after it and "get er done!" Let's just call them the "Flying Carpet Emerger" I have some type of material I got a long time ago, so I started tying almost all my flys using it. I tied some Elk Hair Caddis using just the material, body and wing. Have to use hackle though for floatation. Anyway my buddy I fish with a lot started calling them the "Carpet Caddis" I kind of liked it so thus the name. Just hope they can catch a fish for somebody. By the way the beer is cold, just stop on by.

BTW: Thanks for handling the swap. Hope to see ya on the river some day.

mike
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Gentlemen (loose phrasing here ... ) , I would like to invite the Flyswapers to my humble home for BBQ ribs and chicken around the SECOND WEEK OF MARCH - if ya think this sounds like fun , say so (I'll do it as long as one of you says yes !) . I think it would be a swell chance to talk/relate/make plans/ have a Beer/get photos of bugs for Bill's shop . I'm just off I-80 and I-5 . I'll supply the dead animals and a few green bottles (the wife gives her permission , of course )
    Lemmy know .... David
    PS - Future swap masters , figure out what catagories you want to do when you host (March and April) and let everyone know please .

I'll be sending over some big black stones next week. BBQ sounds good to me.
    Terry

Hey David,

A little get together sounds good. Like to meet some of the other posters and swappers. I will be out of town the weekend of the 13th if that was the weekend you were planning on. Let us know the exact date and if I'm around it sounds like fun.

mike
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

David, the BBQ get together sounds great

I'm in and I will bring some more beer
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I am way in for the BBQ. Adam is too, he just dosen't know it yet (as long as there is beer, he's on it...) I should have my flies in by early next week.

David, The BBQ sounds great. I look forward to meeting the people I have not yet met.

I will be there and I will bring some more beer
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

As with anything, I will try to make it.... hahaha. I'll bring some sides or something as well. What do you guys like?? Salad, green, potato?? More meat....veggies....desserts?? I don't drink so I guess I'm bringing some Pepsi with me....

I guess I'm hosting the March Swap as well.... I was thinking crawdads and sculpins, how does that sound??? Or if something more generalized is preferred.... Bait/forage fish patterns...... Let me know what you guys think.... Darian, I know you want to host April?? If this is similar, let me know and I'll think of something else.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com