I have been traveling to the tropics for 20 years with groups of customers/friends through the our fly shop and I have a very good knowledge of the MX Yucatan and Belize.

You can travel to the east coast of Central America almost any month but we now stay away from Sept/Oct because of the hurricanes.

Prime time for a "commando trip" is April through August.

November through February is a good time to take the wife and or family for a vacation with some fishing mixed in. The only problem with the winter is that a cold front or "northern" can come down from up north and cool off the flats. These usually last a few days so during this time we recommend doing more sight seeing rthen after it warms up you can go flats fishing again.

In the Yucatan and Belize you have lots of variety of things to do and fish to catch.

You can stay in small fishing villages on the coast or out on small or larger Cays in many different levels of accomodations.

There are many famous fly fishing lodges that are extremely well run with very good flats guides as well. Nice air-conditioned accomdations and wonderful Belizean food with fresh fruirts and very fresh sea food make them a top choice for anglers.

You can stay places where it is very reasonable and wade fish on your own too. Maybe get a guide with boat a few time to get a good look at the flats and catch some fish.

There are Bonefish, Tarpon, Permit, Snook, Jacks, Barracuda, Snappers, Bonito, Ladyfish, King Mackerel and more.

Lots of great snorkeling or scuba are another big draw to this area.

The Mayan ruins and the jungle eco-system are also a big part of the magic here.

Let me know if you need any advise.

More Belize Info

http://www.kienesflyshop.com/BelizeInfobyBillKiene.htm