Thread: American report 1-30-2005

Default American report 1-30-2005

Fished Glen Hall park - 2 feet vis. , cold slow water (Sac. is backed-up ...) . Put in 2 hours and nothing . Switching to Folsom , Natoma , or ANYWHERE but the lower A. 'till March . That's all , folks !! D.J.L.

David,
    Do you have any other recommendations for SH rivers in the Sacramento area if the A is doing so poorly that you're staying away from it 'til March? Or is that just frustration being vented?
    I'm coming up the Monday after Superbow for fishing (I mean business) and will have a Tue & Wed a.m. to fish. I've only fished once up north and on only the A. I can see the Feather and Yuba are pretty close to Sac.- any predictions for a week from now (Y, F, A or any other you might recommend)?
    Thanks.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Hi WC , you can catch Steelies in the upper river w/ small nymphs most of the time .... I'm not too keen on indicator fishing , though , so I swing for them using sinking lines . I am used to fishing a few select spots in the lower river so when the Big Sacramento floods the lower A. , it ruins my limited fishing runs .
    I am not an avid Steelheader (I get quite a few by accident ,tho ...) , I can't seem to get them or anything else when the water is cold (Dec. , Jan. , Feb. ) . If you choose to use the right set-up , you will most likely catch a few .
    I AM frustrated ..... I hate winter in ways I couldn't explain to you , but everything WILL change come March (can you say Seasonal depression ????) . Keep in touch , D.J.L.

Default Upper/Lower A

David,
    Is the golf course the landmark that separate upper from lower A? I understand this landmark indicates the protected are before the season opens.
    Thanks
    WC
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~