Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a FLY SWAP !!???!!

Default How about a FLY SWAP !!???!!

-Any o' U dudes up for it ?? I think it would be fun ...
    A fixed number of people (say , 12 ??) would tye 13 of a style (Dragonfly nymph , Steelhead fly , Bass bug , etc ...) and send them to me , in return , each person would get back 12 flies and the extra one could go to someone needy , flyshop raffle , the Smithsonian , .... Somewhere !!
    C'mon , give up those opinions .... David Lee

Hi David! I think it would be fun too, but I'll wait and see what category everyone wants to tie -- I think it would take me WEEKS to tie 13 bass bugs.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default Fly Swap

Hi David...Since I've only been tying for a year I'd throw my fly in the ring! I've devloped several patterns borrowing ideas from existing patterns. Some of them are working down here in Martinez but I'd like to see if they can work on the American. Let me know. Thanks. Thom

O.K. ! 3 down .... This should be fun ! I did a swap w/ the NCFFB last fall . It was very interesting to see flies from different people (I tye all of my own , so I'm not up on what's going on ...) .
    The rest of you .... well , don't be shy - jump on board .D.J.L.
    How's this one ? BIG Nymphs ???

SullyTM Guest

Default Fly Swappers

Hi David...If you get enough bites maybe folks would also consider sending along their tying instructions? Just a thought. Thanks. SullyTM

Hi David,
    Count me in.
    Terry

Default Fly Swap

Hi David,..... Since I'm a collector, too, a swap sounds like fun and an opportunity to learn something. What about letting each tyer pick their own specialty or rotate the specialties (of course this latter means a longer duration swap)

There're are several categories that could be divided between traditional and current.....

I'm in.... mostly trout flies for me, but I can tie anything I guess. I guess we should tie stuff everyone uses but I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm up for some caddis fly larvae, have a new pattern that should work well around here.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Default fly swap

What kind of flies are we tying first? I have never tied any bass bugs, but will tie just about anything else. Flies for the american would be good! Let me know and i will probably joing in.

Jason

Sounds like fun. Count me in, David.
    pm