Thread: Targeting Bluegill

Default Targeting Bluegill

It has seemed to me that it would be ideal to know of a place (not that I'm asking for one, mind you) that had really nice bluegills but very poor bass fishing (as if any kind of bass fishing could be considered "poor," ha). I say this because, when I started carrying two rods in the Delta last summer to be ready for both bass and bluegill, after spending any amount of time targeting bluegills, I always had the sinking feeling I might be missing out on some nice bass. So, inevitably, I'd go back to targeting the bass. Once again, bluegill get the short shrift and no respect. Thus, I think it would be cool to just relax in a float tube somewhere, sometime and just target bluegills and not even worry about bass. Do you guys ever feel that way? I know, a major dilemma.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Mike , I think you need to go HERE -

Chase the Bass if you want , or 'Gills and Crackers ...... Best part is IT'S ALL MINE !!!! (yours , too !) David

Ooooh, thats harsh! If I had a pond like that I'd be guarding it, and flaunting it too!

WOW, David, GREAT pictures!!! And look at that flooded cover...talk about a fishy looking place! Speechless....
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Yup ! Kind of makes your mouth all juicy , don't it ??
    A brace of nymphs out there (I like an olive Birdnest #10 and a Pheasant Ear #12) will take doubles on most casts - especially if , after hooking one , you let him swim around a bit (they follow each other around , trying to find out what all the fuss is ...) . I've had several little guys EATEN by Bass ..... Pretty cool to watch !! D.J.L.

Man, that looks like a great place to chuck my buzzbait around LOL
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Default To Bass or not to Bass.....

Hey Mike,...... WADDA DILEMA