Thread: Your favorite salt water place to fish

Default Your favorite salt water place to fish

Tell us a little story about your favorite salt water destination.

Mine is either Christmas Island where I have fortunately been 13 time in the past 20 years or the MX Yucatan and Belize.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Favorite Salwater Fishing

Hi Bill,..... That's a good looking Tarpon. My favorite place, thus far, is fishing at East Cape, Baja CA Sur. The beaches are uncrowded, low swell (for the most part), very fishable with a fly. There're intermittent reefs within range of the shore providing a variety of fish catching (and releasing) opportunities. The people down there're friendly and helpful. Bait is plentiful (....if you need it for chum or???). I recall one AM watching a 30# rooster swim by feet in about hip deep water. It shook me up so much I couldn't get off a straight cast before it was out of range. Lotsa Roosters/Jacks in-shore at La Ribera.....

Interesting place where warm water estuaries wash into the Sea of Cortez containing that flotsam the attracts Dorado, some bait fish types and lots of other stuff. Marlin sunning themselves on the surface just offshore.... Dolphin jumping everywhere and an occassional whale. Yellow Fin Tuna in deeper areas..... (this is just in June). Gets better as the summer goes on.
    Not overly expensive (unless you want it to be....)

WOW!!!!! I've convinced myself to start planning on my next trip there.

Jay M Guest

Default My favorite places

Bill,

Let's see. If I only had one trip to do a year, I think it would be to the Cape York area off the Queensland coast line of Australia. Alot of open water and so many rivers to fish and the great thing about it, you don't see anyone else. Just alot of open land.
    My next favorite place is BAJA !!!!! Been going there for years and still can't get enough. My favorite area is the Cerralvo Island area. Less crowds and alot of different species. Just wish Las Arenas would open back up and be affordable.
    My last location is the beaches of the Monterey bay. A place where I grew up and started my saltwater fly fishing back in the '70's.
    Gotta love them all.

If we can get a date set in March or early April, would there be any interest in a Australia slide presentation along with some tying. What do you think?

Jay

Default Australia....

Hi Jay,..... A slide presentation may be the only way I'll get to see Australia in my lifetime.... I'd love to see one and some tying, as well.

Default Puerto Vallarta, MX

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Hands down. Every time I fish down there I get something different! Plus warm water and abundant beer. Fly fishing paradise...