I've been looking for a relatively "bomb proof" box for flies with a large capacity for flies ready to use, visibility, is durable and has a device for holding the lid closed. (.... that won't break the bank). There're only a few on the market that might meet part of my requirements but none that meets all.

Think I might've finally found one. It's the Museum, Aluminum Art Case by Weber. The dimensions of the one I purchased is 11" X 1 1/2" X 9". The outside frame is extruded aluminum while the panels (top and bottom) are some type of rigid, compressed paper material covered with vinyl. The lid snaps closed and requires pressing a button to release the catch. I used "Fly Paper" (from Kienes) to set up enough capacity for 48 flies up to 6" in size. The inside (top/bottom) is lined with a velvetine panel that must be removed to enable the Fly Paper to stick.

This is my first attempt at this. So, we'll see how far this goes while using in places like the Delta of Baja. Really looks like it'll work well as a fly box from a boat.

ps: These emoticons are fun, now that I've figured out how to use them.