The bite has slowed in the last week. The bigger bass have gotten off the shoreline and the midday sun spooks the ones that are left. Shad are starting to ball up to spawn which will attract some nice fish but it has not really happened yet. Fish are still being caught but Christmas has passed.

The last couple of times out while the bass were not biting I spent some trying to put the sneak on some eagles. I learned that eagles are not easy to sneak up on. Apparently they have excellent vision and a 200 pound human tromping through the brush is no match for them. I imagine they had a good laugh watching me try. There are a couple of nests I have spotted while fishing and I tried to get above them to get a photo looking down. As soon as I had a line of sight to them they spotted me and moved off to sit on a perch away from the nest. I still got a few photos and got some other shots as well. Photography is fun but hopefully I can find a good bite somewhere.

A quail doing some kind of crazy dance.

Red shouldered hawk looking for a meal.

A nearby rabbit hoping he does not become the meal.

Fence lizard soaking up the sun.

Tree top perch.

A nesting pair looking stern and keeping an eye on the surroundings.

Bringing in an unfortunate smallmouth bass.

One tenth of a second after the previous shot. The nest is huge and the two chicks are visible. They look like raggedy ann dolls.
Many years of nest building there.