Thread: Bear River?

Default Bear River?

I have never fished the Bear River. In looking at Google Earth, it seems like there is a consistent, reasonable flow between the Chicago Park Powerhouse and Rollins Lake. Anyone have a clue, or basic information on how this river fishes?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Bob

I can't speak for that stretch, but I can say that the section below Rollins fishes pretty bad, at least in the easier to access spots. That being said, I've also heard that the section you're talking about is pretty good, or at least it was several years ago. If you make it out there, I'd appreciate it if youd be able to let us know how it went (or send a PM if you dont want to post on here) Thanks and good luck!

NK

Quote Originally Posted by Natekursow View Post
    I can't speak for that stretch, but I can say that the section below Rollins fishes pretty bad, at least in the easier to access spots. That being said, I've also heard that the section you're talking about is pretty good, or at least it was several years ago. If you make it out there, I'd appreciate it if youd be able to let us know how it went (or send a PM if you dont want to post on here) Thanks and good luck!

NK
    I fished below Rollins a few years ago and caught a few small fish. Lots of needles, broken glass, and trash in the parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal_Flyfisherman View Post
    I fished below Rollins a few years ago and caught a few small fish. Lots of needles, broken glass, and trash in the parking area.
    This sounds like every valley river in the state.

Dropped by the Bear River today. Just below Colfax. They have an access called the Fishing Access, hhhmmmmmm. Definitely not fishy water. Gave it about 8 casts and then continued on back down I-80. I would not waste any time there. Looks like it could be decent bass water. My guess is that the water gets way too warm for trout in the summer.