Thread: Costa Del Mar 580G Sunglasses

Default Costa Del Mar 580G Sunglasses

Ok, I'm starting to worry that I'll turn into a Kardashian with so many sunglasses, so I'm lowering the price on these. This is roughly half the price you'd pay for them new with tax. Excellent sunglasses, I just lucked into finding a pair that closely approximated what I'd worn for 10+ years but lost, which is what prompted me to buy these originally.

I have two pairs of Costa sunglasses, the Diego model in the highly regarded 580G glass lenses. One pair is new and never worn (on the right in the photo), the other is in excellent condition, worn only a few times with no marks or scratches. These are both matte black frames with the copper silver mirror lenses. Both were from a limited edition USA series, which devoted a share of proceeds to military and first responders, with the difference vs. the standard series being some dark blue accents on the interiors of the nosepad and temples and with red, white and blue decals on the temple arms. None of those are visible from the exterior while you're wearing them, but I've attached a photo I found online that gives you a good idea. While I'm all for supporting our military and first responders, the decals were a little much for my taste, especially onstream, so I peeled those off. I still have them from the new pair if you should want to reattach them. While there's no discernable difference in the condition of these two, I'm including a pair of Costa gripper retainers that snap into the integrated holes in the end of the temples with the lightly used ones to even things out. While this edition isn't available anymore, the standard version retails for $294. I'm selling them for $150 each plus $10 to defray insured shipping in the continental US, for a total of $160, with all original packaging included. Let me know if you'd like additional pictures and I'll be happy to forward.

Link to current model: https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/su...34-97963837644

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Both sunglasses.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	19759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close up.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	19760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	US Edition.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	19761
    Last edited by John_N; 04-18-2024 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Lower price

Bumped for lower price