Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPST 'Commando Smooth' 225gr, what weight SH rod?

Went Friday and found 3 tips. Great pool demos and fly tiers. Would've liked togo more than one day but 15$ parking by hard o ly? Makes me want to bring my beater bicycle.

HA!
    I got denied on the back and front end......
    Ended up taking the Heel Toe Express from the office park across the street.
    Good show just wish there were more vendors selling materials and other goods...

Quote Originally Posted by ICE View Post
    HA!
    I got denied on the back and front end......
    Ended up taking the Heel Toe Express from the office park across the street.
    Good show just wish there were more vendors selling materials and other goods...
    I would too, but I think its improved in last two years. I wasnt expecting to buy a new reel, but LCO convinced me with some free shipping

I rocked a 200g opst with my single hand 5wt. 225 I would put on a 6wt. I rock a 300g on both my 5wt switch (11') and use the same reel and line with my echo BAG 8wt glass 8.5'

Using the 225gr OPST Commando smooth with a 90 gr OPST floating tip or a 12' 96gr OPST sinking tip in Run, I have not needed to test the Riffle or Bucket sink tips yet. This works well on my 10' 7wt rod as well as my 9' 6wt rod.