Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter steelhead flies

Default Winter steelhead flies

SORRY GUYS>>>SOLD HOWEVER IF YOU WANT SOME MORE JUST EMAIL ME-carlblackiedge@aol.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box1.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	19635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box 2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	19636  
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 12-30-2023 at 07:37 PM.

Carl ties very good, durable flies and has fished the North Coast for Steelhead and salmon for many decades.

Gold Comets, Flames, the Boss, and others that work best on the coastal Winter Steelhead.

Less than $1.00 a fly with two boxes? Yikes. I think we would sell them for about $3.00 or more.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I'll take them Carl.
    Will send you a PM
    Steve

Those are definitely Russian River specials. I used to fish Cassini Ranch and Austin Creek frequently when we lived over that way.
    Those Comets would be my first go-to fly if I was over there again. I'm sure they'll work elsewhere too.
    I remember taking a nice steelie with one of those purple flies on my 4 wt. Yes, I was a little undergunned but it was fun.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony,

Those flies not only are killers on the Russian River they also rip lips on all the northern salmon rivers and southern Oregon rivers.

I still tie all those flies, however now it's on special orders and they are still cheap.

It looks like I might be fishing this year on the Russian, they are still getting them and the season just begin.

Carl Blackledge

First picture, upper right....the ones with the silver bodies, are now my go-to on the North Coast after hooking a 12lb freshie on the lower Van Duzen last February.

Carl, are you still selling those at the shop in Cotati? I haven't been down there in a while.

~Jeff

Jeff, the bins in Cotati were full when I was there between Xmas and NY. Carl said they are selling well with guys catching fish, so maybe best to call ahead

Jeff, I sold flies in that shop since they opened the door 25-30 years ago and all the Salmon-Steelhead and Shad flies were mine, plus most of the saltwater stuff, however the owner KEN said he doesn't want to have anything to do with flies and fly tying, so now I sell them to all my buddies and friends at wholesale prices. If you want some are you want me to tie you a box, just ask. I will make you happy.

carlblackiedge@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Jeff, I sold flies in that shop since they opened the door 25-30 years ago and all the Salmon-Steelhead and Shad flies were mine, plus most of the saltwater stuff, however the owner KEN said he doesn't want to have anything to do with flies and fly tying, so now I sell them to all my buddies and friends at wholesale prices. If you want some are you want me to tie you a box, just ask. I will make you happy.

carlblackiedge@aol.com
    Thanks Carl. I will definitely touch bases with you soon. I'm planning on heading up to Humboldt mid February, and I'll definitely need some of those orange and silver beadheads.

~Jeff

Carl, Do you have your SH flies at the Outdoor Pro Shop or Pitbull Tackle near Cotati, CA?

*We used to go to a racetrack at Cotati about 50 years ago.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........