Thread: Captain Andy Guibord, has taken a job with Fly Fishing Specialties.

Default Captain Andy Guibord, has taken a job with Fly Fishing Specialties.

Andy is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful fly fishers in Northern California.

He spent many years on the Lower Yuba River so he knows the timings and the insects/flies very well.

Then years ago he started fly fishing for Stripers from a boat in the Lower American River.

Today, Andy knows the Lower American River for Stripers, Steelhead, Salmon, Shad and Half-ponders better than most.

He also guides Stripers on the Delta, Feather River and Napa Rivers out of his Lowe jet boat.

When Kiene's had a prolific international fly fishing group travel agency Andy hosted trips to New Zealand, the Brazilian Amazon for

Peacock bass, Belize, Christmas Island, British Columba Steelhead, Mexican Yucatan, and Alaska.

Andy enjoys working in a fly shop (30 years), advising and outfitting folks, guiding locally and teaching all aspects of fly fishing.

He has mentored hundreds of people over the years, helping make their experience more rewarding.

He has a degree in Art from the University of California in Sacramento and is a very good photographer as well.

Andy's website:

https://andyguibord.wordpress.com/guiding-instruction/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

The only time I made it into the store he provided me with flies for a trip to the Yuba - 💯 put me on the fish with the right stuff -and really nice guy.

Andy is the best!! An all around very pleasant person, incredibly knowledgeable and a superior fisherman. Kudos for Rick at FFS for making this happen. FFS has some very experienced people working in the store and I learn something new each time I'm in there. I look forward to seeing Andy in the store and just might have to make a trip to FFS to get some stuff.

Mike McDougall

Thumbs up Captain Andy

Good news!! Andy is a lot more than a very good guide. In addition, he's a amazing photographer and fly designer/tyer....
    Last edited by Darian; 12-13-2023 at 11:34 PM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Well, Darian knows Andy as well as anyone and that is much appreciated, Thanks Old Buddy.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........