Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bit of Sadness

Bill, When I sold you shad flies by the thousands, I never did worry about when I would get paid. However that wasn't the same case with the modern shop. many others feel the same way. Bill the gentleman was always on time

Carl Blackledge

Don't know that there's a need to throw the current shop under the bus, especially in light of the recent passing of the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Bill, When I sold you shad flies by the thousands, I never did worry about when I would get paid. However that wasn't the same case with the modern shop. many others feel the same way. Bill the gentleman was always on time

Carl Blackledge
    Carl is the fastest, high-quality fly tier I know.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

John, I wasn't trying to disrespect the dead, however him passing doesn't change the facts.

Carl Blackledge

Bill,
    YOU are still ONE of the FEW!
    Steve ain't far behind....
    .....lee s.

It feels like just yesterday I wasn’t old enough to drive, and convinced my parents to drive me to Kiene's and American Fly every chance I could. Will never forget buying my first rod from Al Bunch, or the time Jim Christensen helped me out with a vice when mine got stolen coming home from Alaska. Sad to see things go the way they did, but so thankful for the memories and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lee s. View Post
    Bill,
    YOU are still ONE of the FEW!
    Steve ain't far behind....
    .....lee s.
    Yes Lee,

I am so lucky to have Steve Potter only 20 minutes south of me now in Vero Beach, Florida.

Steve bought a new Hewes Redfisher 18 and I got the smaller water boat, a new 15' shallow water skiff.

A bonus is that Steve ties all our flies now, yahoo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steve (2).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	19597

On the Central East Coast of Florida we have amazing fishing for almost all tropical salt water gamefish species.

We even have lots of big Permit and some Bonefish but no shallow flats to chase them on.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    It feels like just yesterday I wasn’t old enough to drive, and convinced my parents to drive me to Kiene's and American Fly every chance I could. Will never forget buying my first rod from Al Bunch, or the time Jim Christensen helped me out with a vice when mine got stolen coming home from Alaska. Sad to see things go the way they did, but so thankful for the memories and friends.
    Thanks Tayler

We are so happy for your continued success in life and appreciate your valued support on our fun little Forum.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Always a bummer to see a good shop close. Too many good friends from this fly fishing world passing on lately. Thankfully we have a great shop here in Rapid City that is doing well. I always stop in and buy the things I need locally. So important.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Add me to the list of long time fans of yours, Bill. I was a newbie to the west coast when I walked into your shop in early 1986, and it immediately became a haven in a foreign land. I made a number of friends that remain so to this day, and it almost felt like walking into Cheers (in contrast to another shop not too far from you). I have so many great memories that were built around, or were at least somehow involved with, your shop. While I’m another one of those who drifted away from the more recent versions of Kiene’s, I was sorry to see that the run that the name had was coming to an end.

Thanks for continuing to be a presence here, Bill. May you and Marilyn enjoy retirement for many more years, and hopefully I can share a drink and / or the water with you sometime soon.

Wayne