Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone fishing the Yuba Hwy 20 bridge opener today?

In looking at an online landowner parcel map, the Parks Bar Road is Caltrans property, included within the Highway 20 property lines. It is NOT privately owned. This person would legally seem to have no right to charge for parking on this road. It is Caltrans property all the way up to the gate into Nordic Industries quarry.

As well, near the gate to the quarry, the section below the road is Nordic Industries property. If you can make it through some bushes, it looks like you can access the river through Nordic Properties land, and avoid the property where the landowner is enforcing trespass rights. I have not been to the bridge for awhile, so I am not sure what access is like through the bushes, or how Nordic Industries feels about that.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Spicytuna1 View Post
    I was one of the boats floating the upper club section on the 1st. Fishing was good with smaller fish, nothing of times past but could be due to all the Salmon being in the Feather. Still a great day on the water with good numbers of fish and a few quality ones.
    Thank you for the report. The Yuba was amazing 2-3 years ago but it doesn’t seem like that size of fish came back.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    In looking at an online landowner parcel map, the Parks Bar Road is Caltrans property, included within the Highway 20 property lines. It is NOT privately owned. This person would legally seem to have no right to charge for parking on this road. It is Caltrans property all the way up to the gate into Nordic Industries quarry.

As well, near the gate to the quarry, the section below the road is Nordic Industries property. If you can make it through some bushes, it looks like you can access the river through Nordic Properties land, and avoid the property where the landowner is enforcing trespass rights. I have not been to the bridge for awhile, so I am not sure what access is like through the bushes, or how Nordic Industries feels about that.

Bob
    Thank you for looking into this. It is truly appreciated. I hope the anglers are respectful and keep the place clean, but I also do not agree with someone not being honest with property ownership.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Thank you for the report. The Yuba was amazing 2-3 years ago but it doesn’t seem like that size of fish came back.
    2-3 years ago was good. 2014ish was amazing.

Is the Yube muddied up due to the rain?

What kind of precip or Deer Creek flows are needed to trigger this?

Thanks.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Quote Originally Posted by Troutsource View Post
    Is the Yube muddied up due to the rain?

What kind of precip or Deer Creek flows are needed to trigger this?

Thanks.
    Deer Creek can muddy up the yuba pretty good. Deer Creek peaked at about 20 cfs and is dropping now, so probably not too bad. When Deer Creek is running 100 cfs or more, it lowers Yuba visibility considerably.

Great! Thanks for the intel.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    2-3 years ago was good. 2014ish was amazing.
    It was really good back in 98' when we would stick 18" -19" fish all evening long on a Royal Trude and never saw another soul.

I've noticed fish seem to be bigger during dry years, smaller in wet years. I speculate that in dry years the little ones are easier for the big ones to catch and eat and become fat.

The fish this year on the Yuba are apparently small (as people have noted). Last winter was nuts.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river