Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone fishing the Yuba Hwy 20 bridge opener today?

Default Is anyone fishing the Yuba Hwy 20 bridge opener today?

I am busy with our newborn, but I wonder if anyone fished it. I also heard the land owner on the Park Quarry side is now charging people to access his land. Apparently, he owns the land where the trails are down to the river.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Same question here.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Looked like a lot of cars parked there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    I also heard the land owner on the Park Quarry side is now charging people to access his land. Apparently, he owns the land where the trails are down to the river.
    How is he collecting the $? What is the cost?

Pretty shocking what has happened to the Yuba the past year and without a wink of public pushback from SYRCL/TU/Etc. That said, maybe that has happened and I have just missed it since I pay about zero ounces of attention these days to California matters.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    How is he collecting the $? What is the cost?

Pretty shocking what has happened to the Yuba the past year and without a wink of public pushback from SYRCL/TU/Etc. That said, maybe that has happened and I have just missed it since I pay about zero ounces of attention these days to California matters.
    I believe it is $40 to park on his property or $500 for a year. I don’t know how he is collecting besides physically being there in person.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

I doubt he owns the road and the parking rights but I also won’t be the one to look into it. Certainly he owns the upstream trespass rights above the high water mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    I believe it is $40 to park on his property or $500 for a year. I don’t know how he is collecting besides physically being there in person.
    That side above the bridge use to be so good before the 2017 flood. That long flat by the willows and that round riffle pool below it was so fun to fish. Now I don't know why people fish that side. $40 to park is absolutely not worth it.
    Keep Calm and Fly Fish
    https://keepcalmandflyfish.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    I doubt he owns the road and the parking rights but I also won’t be the one to look into it. Certainly he owns the upstream trespass rights above the high water mark.
    My understanding is that if you stay under the bridge, you're in a public right-of-way.

I was one of the boats floating the upper club section on the 1st. Fishing was good with smaller fish, nothing of times past but could be due to all the Salmon being in the Feather. Still a great day on the water with good numbers of fish and a few quality ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    My understanding is that if you stay under the bridge, you're in a public right-of-way.
    Who knows. I went to the Yuba last about 2 years ago. 2023 is my second year in a row without a CA fishing license.