Thread: Feather Low Flow Float?

Default Feather Low Flow Float?

I'm going to float the low flow for the first time tomorrow... from what I've read it's a pretty easy float, just thought I'd check on here to see if there's anything I should look out for? I was also planning on floating all the way from Riverbend Park down to the Thermalito outlet. Anyone have a rough eta on how long the float will take? Since I'm already posting this I might as well ask: anyone have a fishing report? Kienes wasn't updated as of last time I looked. Thanks!

NK

Go down to the Photography section and take a look at John's post and pictures. This ought to get you going.

Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I'm not sure if the tree is still down at Steeple Riffle, but you might want to scout out first and maybe walk your boat through. Maybe others who float the river might know and weigh in.

Nate - How did the float go? Your message board buddies could use a little report. Thanks.

Hey all, fishing was pretty slow. The flows were super low, although I'm not sure if it was just for the day or if they've since brought them back up. No fish were landed, only one hook up between the two of us that came off after 10 seconds, and no one else we saw had any luck either. We did find a pod of fish in the frogwater eating midge dries, but didn't have anything small enough with us to warrant any bites. We did see one striper way further up river than I thought they'd be which was interesting... overall a pretty bad day or catching although it was still nice to get out.

NK

Forgot to say, to those that responded - thanks for the advice; the float went well.

NK

Just curious, was the tree still in the river at Steeple riffle?

I've never been to steep before - but if there used to be a root ball in the middle of the river it was gone

NK