Thread: Al Troth tied fly selection

Default Al Troth tied fly selection

SOLD - SOLD - Thank You, Bob

These impeccable flies were all tied by Al Troth himself during the 1970s through the early 1990s and represent his most famous flies as well as some of his personal favorites.

This Troth selection includes: Elk Hair Caddis Dry Flies - Al invented this world famous pattern (40 each); Pheasant Tail Nymphs - Al invented this famous American version of the PT (38 each - Rust Olive); Hare's Ear Nymphs - Al loved this pattern (62 each); Adams Parachute Dry Flies - Another Al favorite (67 each); Muddler Minnow - While still living in Pennsylvania Al told me he was called Mr. Muddler (1 each); Terrible Troth Stonefly Nymph (1 each); Stonefly Dry Flies in 3 styles from over the years (4 each); Wooly Buggers with and without Snag Guards - Al loved the freedom that the Snag Guards provided on certain stretches of Rivers (26 each); Yuk Bugs with Snag Guards (4 each); Blue Dunn Spider Dry Flies (3 each); and, Griffith's Gnats Dry Flies (6 each).

Please view the photograph (Quarters for Sizing) and don't hesitate to PM me with any questions. Sold as a lot only.

A Notarized Historical Provenance for this Al Troth Fly Selection will be included with the Flies when shipped. If you would like to preview a copy please PM me.

I have priced these original Troth Flies at $3 each and, as expected, they should be most effective and durable. Price: $756 (252 Flies) + $20 shipping with insurance.

Thank You For Looking. Best, Bob

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	19539
    Last edited by Bob G; 11-19-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Over the years when Bob was ordering flies from Al Troth he would ask me if wanted to get some too.

I had Bob get me some Elk Hair Caddis and when I got them I did not feel good about using them because I knew they were special.

Here is a chance to buy some high quality flies that are collector items.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........