Thread: I Quit

Default I Quit

I quit striper fishing today. I have had it with their no show act in the Delta. I caught one today and it was a decent one and pulled hard but it sure takes a lot of casting and stripping to find one not to mention finding a ten pounder which seems like an impossibility. Enough griping.

One thing I am not quitting is bass fishing. They seem to biting pretty well right now. The Spring in the Delta this year was muddy and I could not find a fish. The summer was windy and I could not find the motivation to get after them. They seem to be making up for that by biting in November. Whatever is going on with bass I don't know but I will take the bites. As the pro cure guy on the Angler West TV show says - "Thank you lord and may I have another".

I am not sure how long my striper quit will last. Maybe until after Thanksgiving. A good turkey dinner might rekindle my enthusiasm for chasing the striped one.

It has been a while since I posted some Delta bass pictures. I also threw in some of last week's wildlife shots from the bypass which is not far from the Delta. A lot going on out there.

Last edited by John H; 11-13-2023 at 05:08 PM.

I feel sorry for the Striper guides.

What kind of bass were they?

I wonder if anyone hunts deer in the Delta?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

John,
    Without marking the spots, you've got to get out there and cover some water to find them. Two of my buddys have been getting into them good and these are not the dinks that have been here for so long. It appears they've finally started to move out of the bay and head up river into the delta. Maybe not way back to Disco or Mildred yet, but they're on their way.

I'd recommend finding some moving water and chase the tide. The mouths of several main sloughs during a tide change have been getting good reports. Not what I'd take a kayak in though.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony - That is good advice. You have got me rethinking my quit. I might have to buzz around the Delta a bit and see what I can find or maybe check out the Napa River and San Pablo Bay. We’ll see. Thanks.