Thread: Lower Yuba River

Default Lower Yuba River

How is the lower Yuba river fishing lately? Thinking about heading out there soon. Any thing helps thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Judd1010 View Post
    How is the lower Yuba river fishing lately? Thinking about heading out there soon. Any thing helps thank you
    Flows are in a good range. Access is limited with the road closed on the south side and the river closed above the Hwy 20 bridge. Can probably cross at Hammonton in these flows and then go up or down. I'd get out there before the coming rain as it will get muddy from Deer Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Flows are in a good range. Access is limited with the road closed on the south side and the river closed above the Hwy 20 bridge. Can probably cross at Hammonton in these flows and then go up or down. I'd get out there before the coming rain as it will get muddy from Deer Creek.
    Thank you I appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Do you know if you are able to hike down from the south side where the road is closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Judd1010 View Post
    Do you know if you are able to hike down from the south side where the road is closed?
    Yes should not be an issue. But the better runs is from the bottom up (or bottom down).

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Yes should not be an issue. But the better runs is from the bottom up (or bottom down).
    Okay thank you!

If you go from the bridge, a mountain bike might be your friend. That’s what I would do…in the absence of a watercraft and shuttle driver