Thread: Pyramid 11/2

Default Pyramid 11/2

Fished hard all day, mostly stripping. Broke out the indicator rig a bit and had a few light takes but never connected. Went 5 for 7 stripping, with a handful more hits and the most follows I have ever had, often right up to the rod tip. Biggest weighed in at 10lbs thanks to a friendly fellow fisherman with a scale. Always hard for me to judge the weight of these fish (maybe it's the big heads?), and it's good to have someone keep me honest because I would have estimated a few pounds heavier. Most fish were still pre-spawn colors and pulling hard in these water temps.

Started out fishing the north end but eventually got fed up with all the weeds, which came up surprisingly shallow even in quite deep water. Did manage to find fish around weed edges and by rock piles in ~6-10ft of water. Headed south and fished sandy drop offs. Casting out into ~12-15ft but most fish seemed to come in ~8ft or less, near ledges. So definitely plenty of fish within shore casting range. Fishing was pretty steady until the afternoon, with a bit of a lull before picking up again in the evening. All fish landed were on booby flies, initially all on the dark fly and switching over to olive in the evening. Guy fishing next to me for a while did well on a Tui Chub imitation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2653.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	19490

Congrats! Appreciate the detailed report. Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"