Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Heenan Lake Reports

I took my nephew yesterday. He’s new to fly fishing so I equipped him with an indicator set up. Only five float tubes on the whole lake. A guide from Crawley his first time, us and two experienced Heenan guys. We fished one end of the lake the three others around the corner. One of the three guys got 17 on a black leech. The guide got a couole on various flys and the third guy got a couple. Between my neohew and I we were 11 for 17 on midges. The fish were in their spawning colors and big. Most were over the twenty inch mark. It was 37 when we got up there with the water temperature at 47. Few hatches throughout the lake and the other guys told us quite a few porpoising fish at their end of the lake.

Thanks for for the report - sounds like a great trip. How large were your midges and how deep?

I might try get up next week for my first trip there, not sure how the rain will affect it.

Fished Heenan today (Wednesday), hooked 9 and landed 7 on a sinking line. 5 were on a black leech and 2 on a red midge. Slow in the morning and improved around noon on.

Thanks for the reports. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Thanks for the reports. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow.
    I’ll be there tomorrow too. I’m in a float tube with a rod rack. Probably get there around 9.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I went out Friday. Got on the water about 8:00 am and off about 2:00. Air temp was 42 in the am and probably 70 mid-day. Sunny and clear. Water temp was 46, rising to 48 by the time I left. I got two fish in the first hour and then did nothing for hours. Leech on an intermediate line worked for me. Tried indicator at various depths with no success. Sonar was marking fish generally from 6 - 15 feet, however there were some fish rising, but no significant hatch coming off. I talked to several people who ranged form getting skunked to 6 fish. The best success was the guy who was trolling lures with two spinning rods. Probably a total of about 10 boats/tubes on the lake.