Thread: Morgan and Kenney glass, Wojnicki bamboo

Default Morgan and Kenney glass, Wojnicki bamboo

PRICES REDUCED

FS Tom Morgan 8’6” 2/1 7 wgt. fiberglass. Built on a Morgan blank by a rod building colleagueand in very good to excellent shape. This blank was one of Tom’s color tests after he’d established the final taper and pattern: a dark brown much like Winston’s glass rather than the lighter color of current versions. Snake Brand black nickel snakes and top, Carbaloy stripper, uplocking black Lemke reel seat with walnut spacer. Wrapped in dark chocolate brown with dark yellow trim wraps at grip, ferrule and tip. Tom Morgan Rodsmiths badge on butt, Inscribed in dark yellow. The rod comes in a cloth sack and an old Winston screw top aluminum tube. I cast Tom’s prototypes at his home in Belgrade when he was finishing up design work on his glass models and thought this 7 weight was the best of an excellent range of rods. It’s as good a glass fly rod as has ever been built. $395 shipped in CONUS. Overseas shipping extra. PM me your email for images.

The following glass blanks from my fabricator were painted the wrong color. While they're identical in every other way to my standard medium brown blanks, they’re a very dark plum brown. Attractive, but not what I want.
    I prefer not to finish them out but instead offer them for sale as ferruled blanks (white spigot ferrules) at a discount:

2 ferruled blanks - Model 794 7’9” 3 pc #4 line

2 ferruled blanks - Model 835 8’3” 3 pc #5 line

$235 per blank shipped in CONUS instead of $295 plus shipping.
    Overseas shipments at USPS Priority pricing
    PM me your email for images.

FS Mario Wojnicki/Scott 257 V5 PT (8’4”) 2/2 bamboo 5-stip. Mario built this for me in 1992 when we were both working with Scott. I’ve fished it perhaps ten times. It’s a sweet, semi parabolic pent that handles a 5wgt line beautifully at all fishable distances. It’s in excellent shape, straight with tight ferrules and and impeccably finished. Uplocking darkened nickel silver slide band seat over unknown wood, blued ferrules, 6” Wells grip, black snakes and top, Carbaloy stripper. Wrapped in translucent lime green silk, with dark brown wraps and amber/black trim at ferrules. Inscribed above the grip with Mario's name, model info, and my name. Mario's cloth sack and gray painted aluminum tube labeled Scott. $2500 shipped in CONUS. Overseas shipping extra. PM me your email for images.

Larry

Buy one or two of those small fiberglass blanks and have Gary Anderson, Anderson Custom Rods, build them for you.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I just sent Larry a pm per the Tom Morgan 81/2' 7weight fiberglass.

Best,
    M