Thread: The Oregon Coast

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Oregon Coast

I spent some time on the north coast of Oregon as I have done the last few years. I fly fished a little for bass but nothing happened there so not much to report. I went out on an ocean boat a couple of times and both of those trips were good. I spent a lot of time walking around looking for birds and anythng else I could photograph. I drove up and down Highway 101 checking out the towns and beaches. I ate a lot of blueberries which were ripe and very affordable at the u pick em. I kayaked out to some rocks to check ot the bird life. Generally messed around and had some fun. Here are a bunch of pictures I took. You might like them or you might not. I took 4600 photos and kept 34 of them. The last three are phone shots. The others are Nikon DSLR ath a 500 mm lens.

Rufous hummingbird

Cedar Waxwing

Western gull adult passing a crab leg to a juvenile. Maybe her own juvenile.

Western gull looking a little stressed out by life.

Brown pelican with full wing extension. Pretty impressive.

Pelicans coming back to the roosting rock after fishing. I could see them diving about a mile away.

Low tide.

Townsend's chipmunk looking to see if it is safe to come out with me sitting there.

Highway 101. Lots of activity in the summer.

Rocks I kayaked out to.

The pacific halibut. A pretty nice two fish limit. That is worth getting seasick for.

My dog after mopping up some halibut scraps.
    Last edited by John H; 08-08-2023 at 09:59 PM.