Thread: Time to travel to beat the heat.

Default Time to travel to beat the heat.

We love the entire Pacific Coast. It is in the 60s for the high temps all summer with good seafood and clean air.

This is usually a great time for backpacking or horse/mule pack trips to the higher elevations.

Many are heading to Idaho/Montana now for some good trout fishing.

Some are going to Alaska or Canada in our hot summers.

Where are you going?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I am on the way back from the Oregon coast. Cool temps for sure which makes the coast popular in the summer. Plenty of people running around trying to have all the fun they can. The wind and the ocean were relatively flat for this time of year. I think the NW wind was beating up the California coast for the last month and left Oregon alone. I did some fishing but mostly not with the fly rod. The North Pacific is not super conducive to fly fishing. Ocean meat fishing seems to be the thing to do up there.

At our last gas stop in Orland it was 108. I might need some AC when I get home.

Sounds nice....any pictures?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

I took about 3000 pictures. That sounds like a lot but I shoot continuously at 10 frames per second so it adds up fast. Birds in flight burn up a lot because you shoot wildly hoping to get them as they speed by. I might keep 20 or 30 of the 3000. I don’t think any will be really good. I have seen guys on YouTube say they hope for 5 good shots a year so you can’t expect a winner everyday. Just try to have fun taking them and get something you like and maybe something to print and put on the wall. I will make a post later.

Years ago during the film era I would take 10 rolls of 36 frame slide film on every trip I took with a group to exotic destinations.

Out of 360 shots I would take 30-40 slides to make a presentation at the local fly clubs for travel promotion.

I used the same type of slide film that the outdoor photographers used.

I had two Kodak slide projectors and dozen of round cassettes for many exciting trips.

These photos were nowhere near your quality but it seemed to work because, my wife and I, plus my staff were able to take groups all

over the World, fly fishing.

My last two trips were to the Brazilian Amazon for Peacock Bass and to southern Cuba for the best flats fishing left in the entire World.

Marilyn's favorite trips were the three times she went with me to Christmas Island in the 1990s.

She fly casts very well to about 60 feet which is twice the average cast at Christmas for Bones.

She had caught as many as 30 Bones in one day and her PB was over 30 inches, around 10 pounds.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958