Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yuba River Access Blocked

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    I wonder how far down the western most gate is, towards Marysville ? Is it possible to access the lower sections of the river from Marysville? Also, keep in mind that you can access from Sycamore Ranch, cross the river and hoof up to the island or thereabouts.
    Yeah, I am not that concerned about my access being fit and comfortable with walking and wading. Others will be severely constrained. But at the current flows of 2400cfs or whatever, no one is wading across at Sycamore/Hammon Grove and walking upstream above the clay banks I don't think (maybe with a packraft to get across it's a different story).

What flow to wade across the river? 600cfs?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Time to invest in a small aluminum bass boat and fish stillwater. I’m going out this weekend and picking one up. Lots of lakes that don’t have heavy pressure.

1500 cfs was kind of my bellweather flow to cross. A couple of spots, it could be slightly higher.

Does the public have a Prescriptive Easement in this case.

I would think several elements have already been met:

Open and notorious - Yes

Continuous and uninterrupted (in CA, for at least 5 years) - Yes ( unless it was similarly closed in the past)

Hostile (IOW without permission) - ?

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    1500 cfs was kind of my bellweather flow to cross. A couple of spots, it could be slightly higher.
    More aggressive wader than me. Above 1000-1100 cfs at Hammon Grove is dicey in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    More aggressive wader than me. Above 1000-1100 cfs at Hammon Grove is dicey in my mind.
    Yeah I'm more in the below 1200 cfs at the minimum for crossing in a few spots. Below 1k you can pretty much cross most of the key spots.
    Keep Calm and Fly Fish
    https://keepcalmandflyfish.com/

There is a massive Lower Yuba plan to redirect the river around the dam to allow volitional passage for salmon, steelhead, lamprey and sturgeon. This a joint state and fed project. There will be land exchanges to be sure but nothing like that proposed in 1977. In a decade from now the Yuba will be a different fishery, for better or worse. A bottle of wine won't derail a 73 million dollar project. As PV said "follow the money". I don't think that money is entirely from or for Teichert.

University of California rangeland experiment station owns a nice piece on the north side. UC was supposed to provide public access in the interagency trade with CDFG for the old hatchery bldg on Polaris Creek on West shore Tahoe some years back. They didn't really. Banky Curtis agreed to 10 people per month by lottery. Now's the time to correct that. Provide boat and walk-in. UC and CDFW need to get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    Provide boat and walk in. UC and CDFW need to get it together.

[thumbs up emoji]

If it's UCD, it's funded by taxpayers.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river