Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yuba River Access Blocked

Default Yuba River Access Blocked

It was only a matter of time, I guess. Hammonton Road is gated at Timbuctoo, again. Yuba County did it this time, so it'll probably stand up in court.

You can't drive down below Park's Bar bridge any more.

--Joe

https://files4.revize.com/yubaca/Boa...202023-058.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
    It was only a matter of time, I guess. Hammonton Road is gated at Timbuctoo, again. Yuba County did it this time, so it'll probably stand up in court.

You can't drive down below Park's Bar bridge any more.

--Joe

https://files4.revize.com/yubaca/Boa...202023-058.pdf
    That's a major hit on a lot of the good wading access water on the Yuba. I need to move out of California. Too many people who live and behave like animals.

Can someone mark on a map where the road is closed? Is the road on the North side of the river closed (leads into the quarry). Where is the road closed on the south side What about guides who put their boats in on that side?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 8.40.25 PM.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	19272

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS View Post
    Can someone mark on a map where the road is closed? Is the road on the North side of the river closed (leads into the quarry). Where is the road closed on the south side What about guides who put their boats in on that side?

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 8.40.25 PM.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	19272
    My understanding is the road on the south side of the river downstream of Highway 20 is closed.

Is it closed at hwy 20 exit or where it begins to go down under the bridge or can you drive your boat down to the water under the bridge to launch it?

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.50.50 AM.png 
Views:	421 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	19275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.50.50 AM.png 
Views:	421 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	19275

It shows the road is closed upstream side of highway 20 bridge on Google maps...
    Last edited by tcorfey; 08-01-2023 at 01:04 AM.

What tcorfey shows is correct. I drove down on Sunday and had a look. There's a locked gate just past the historical marker on the south side of the river (left bank), 39°13'10.0"N 121°20'00.3"W. There are about 10 locks on the gate, so I guess each landowner gets their own lock and key? You can't put in a drift boat at Park's Bar any more unless you have a key to one of those locks. This is the same place that the landowner gate used to be, except now it's the county that closed the road.

Reading the Board of Supervisor's resolution, I think that there's another locked gate close to the Teichert Aggregates facility at the west end of Hammonton Road. Teichert paid for both gates.

I don't think that there's any closure on the north side of the bridge by the quarry. I didn't go over there but I could see a pickup truck parked under the bridge. I figured they were out fishing.

--Joe

Bummer. If it is closed down on the west side as well, the only wade access below the bridge for aways would be by parking at the parks and hoofing across the river. That pretty much takes a lot of river out of access.

That’s a bummer. Most likely put the gate up due to homeless camps, discarded vehicles, trash.
    Hopefully in the near future they will open it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Fish View Post
    That’s a bummer. Most likely put the gate up due to homeless camps, discarded vehicles, trash.
    Hopefully in the near future they will open it back up.
    When Eagle had the aggregate operations their attorney repeatedly told them to close the haul road but Eagle feared the public backlash. Their concern for liability was primarily from OHVs racing up and down and fire from homeless camps.
    Last edited by Ralph; 08-01-2023 at 04:21 PM.